For India’s 75th Republic Day, extra measures have been taken in the capital to ensure safety. There are some rules for flying and driving, especially around Kartavya Path in Delhi.
Security Measures for Republic Day Celebration:
Flight Operations Restrictions
- Between 10:20 am and 12:45 pm on 26 January, no flights are permitted to take off or land at the airport.
- Notably, major domestic airlines like Air India and IndiGo have had to cancel more than 700 scheduled flights from 19 to 26 January due to these restrictions.
Traffic Management Guidelines
- Central Delhi will witness disruptions in vehicular traffic on the day of the celebration.
- The parade route, starting from Vijay Chowk and passing through Kartavya Path, C-Hexagon, the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose statue roundabout, Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, and Netaji Subhas Marg, concludes at the Red Fort.
- The stretch from C-Hexagon to India Gate will be temporarily closed until the parade reaches Tilak Marg.
- Commuters are strongly advised to plan their journeys and avoid the parade route from 9:30 am to 1 pm.
Public Transportation Adjustments (Delhi Metro)
- To enhance public participation in the celebrations on 26 January, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has made adjustments.
- Metro services will commence at 4 am on all lines, facilitating early access to Kartavya Path.
- Trains will run at intervals of 30 minutes until 6 am, after which the regular timetable will resume for the remainder of the day.
- These adjustments aim to accommodate the public’s transportation needs while contributing to the overall success of the Republic Day festivities.