Virat Kohli is a renowned Indian cricketer who has represented the Indian national team in international cricket. He has previously served as the captain of the Indian cricket team. He plays as a right-handed batsman for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Born in Delhi, India, he has been playing cricket since he was a child. Kohli made his international debut in 2008 against Sri Lanka and quickly established himself as one of the best batsmen in the world.
To know more about Virat Kohli keep reading, as here we are going to talk about Virat Kohli Age, his career, personal life, his lifestyle, and many other things.
Virat Kohli Age, Date of Birth
|Virat Kohli Age||35 years|
|Date of Birth||5th November 1988|
|Net Worth||$135 Million|
Virat Kohli Biography
Virat Kohli, born on November 5, 1988, is a renowned Indian cricketer who has left a lasting mark in the world of cricket. He is widely considered one of the greatest batsmen of all time and has had a remarkable career in both domestic and international cricket.
Growing up in New Delhi, Kohli was trained at the West Delhi Cricket Academy and started his youth career with the Delhi Under-15 team. He made his international debut in 2008 and quickly established himself as a key player in the Indian ODI team.
Nicknamed the “Run Machine,” Virat Kohli has achieved multiple milestones in international and domestic cricket, thanks to his amazing batting skills. He holds the record for the fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs, as well as the fastest player to reach 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000 and 12,000 runs in ODIs. In addition, he has scored the most runs in a single edition of the IPL. Kohli is also the proud captain of India’s National Men’s Cricket Team across all three formats of the game.
In addition to his dynamic batting skills, Kohli is also known for his quick and active fielding abilities. He has displayed his extreme fitness and diligence by taking nearly impossible catches on several occasions. Although he feels honored to be compared to the legendary Sachin Tendulkar, Kohli’s own records and achievements justify these comparisons.
Overall, Virat Kohli is a true inspiration to aspiring cricketers all over the world. His dedication, hard work, and passion for the sport have made him one of the most respected and prestigious names in the cricketing industry.
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Nicknames||Chikoo, Run Machine, Kind Kohli|
|Date of Birth||5th November 1988|
|Birth Place/ Home Town||Delhi, India|
|Current Address||Delhi, India|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|College||Did not attend|
|Coach||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
Virat Kohli’s Net Worth and Salary
|Virat Kohli’s Net Worth in Dollar||$135 Million|
|Virat Kohli’s Net Worth In Indian Rupees||INR 1155 Crore|
|Virat Kohli’s Salary||Yearly: INR 84 Crore|
Monthly: INR 7 Crore
|Source of Income||IPL, BCCI, Social Media, Brands, Ads, etc.|
Virat Kohli Cars and Property
Virat Kohli is one of the most successful and popular cricketers in India. He is also known for his lavish lifestyle, which includes a luxurious car collection. Virat Kohli’s car collection includes some of the most expensive and luxurious cars
|Bentley Continental GT||Rs 3.29 Crore – Rs 4.04 Crore|
|Audi R8 LMX||Rs. 2.97 crores|
|Bentley Flying Spur||Rs. 1.70 Crore – Rs 3.41 Crore|
|Range Rover Vogue||Rs 2.27 Crore|
|Audi A8 L W12||Rs. 1.98 crore|
|Audi S6||Rs 95.25 lakh|
|Audi Q7||Rs. 72.9-80.95 lakh|
|Toyota Fortuner||Rs 24 Lakh to Rs 30 Lakh|
|Renault Duster||Rs 13.5 Lakh|
Apart from cars, Virat Kohli also owns some high-end bikes like Ducati 1098S and Harley Davidson Fatboy. He also has a private jet worth Rs. 200 crore and several properties in different cities across India.
Virat Kohli Daughter Family
|Parent’s Name||Father: Late Prem Kohli (Criminal Lawyer)|
Mother: Saroj Kohli
|Siblings||Sister: Bhawna Kohli|
Brother: Vikas Kohli
|Wife||Anushka Sharma (Actress)|
|Children||Daughter: Vamika (11th Jan 2021)|
Virat Kohli’s father, Prem Kohli, was a criminal lawyer, and his mother, Saroj Kohli, is a homemaker. He grew up with an older brother, Vikas, and an older sister, Bhawna. From a very young age, Kohli showed a deep passion for cricket. In fact, according to his family, when he was just three years old, he would pick up a cricket bat, start swinging it and ask his father to bowl at him.
Kohli spent his early years in Uttam Nagar and attended Vishal Bharti Public School. At the age of nine, he joined the newly established West Delhi Cricket Academy, which was recommended to him by his neighbors who believed that he should pursue professional cricket. Kohli was coached by Rajkumar Sharma at the academy, and he also played matches at the Sumit Dogra Academy in Vasundhara Enclave concurrently to hone his skills.
Sadly, Kohli’s father passed away on December 18, 2006, after being bedridden for a month due to a stroke. According to Kohli, his father was his biggest supporter during his childhood and always encouraged him to pursue his passion for cricket. Kohli’s father’s death was a turning point in his life, and he decided to dedicate his career to his father’s memory. Since then, Kohli has become one of the most successful and influential cricketers in the world, inspiring millions with his talent, hard work, and dedication.
Virat Kohli Anushka Sharma’s Love Story
Virat Kohli has always been in the limelight for his outstanding performances on the field. However, his personal life has also garnered immense media attention. In 2013, Virat Kohli appeared in an advertisement with the Indian actress, Anushka Sharma. Soon after, rumors of their romantic involvement started to surface.
While the couple never confirmed these rumors, their actions spoke louder than their words. They were often spotted together at various events, and their pictures together started surfacing on social media platforms. Fans coined the term “Virushka” to describe their relationship, and the couple soon became one of the most talked-about pairs in the entertainment industry.
In 2017, they finally tied the knot in a private Hindu wedding ceremony in Italy. The wedding was a close-knit affair attended only by their close family and friends. The couple kept their fans waiting for their wedding pictures and finally gave them a glimpse of their fairytale wedding on social media.
In 2020, Virat and Anushka announced that they were expecting their first child. They welcomed their baby girl, Vamika, on 11 January 2021. Since then, the couple has been trying to keep their daughter away from the limelight. They have expressed their annoyance over the paparazzi’s constant attempts to capture their daughter’s pictures and have urged their fans to respect their privacy.
The romantic journey of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma can be described as nothing less than a fairytale. The couple’s private life has always been under scrutiny, but they have managed to keep it together with their love and support for each other. They continue to be an inspiration to millions of fans worldwide, both on and off the field.
|Height in centimeters||175 cm|
|Height in meters||1.75 cm|
|Height in Feet Inches||5’9”|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Virat Kohli Career
Virat Kohli is widely considered to be one of the greatest cricketers in history, a testament to his unfailing dedication and talent. His football career began in 2002 when he was chosen for the Under-15 team for the Polly Umrigar Trophy. The following year, he was appointed captain of the same side, ending with a victorious outcome.
In 2006, Virat made his List A debut while playing for Delhi, and subsequently debuted in first-class cricket against Tamil Nadu. Despite the loss of his father that same year, Kohli handled himself with dignity and scored an amazing 90 right before the funeral.
Kohli’s talents were identified early and he was chosen to join the Indian Under-19 Team for their 2006 tour of England. His exceptional performance on the tour saw him picked for India’s T20 team in 2007. Additionally, Kohli was appointed team captain for the Under-19s as they won the Cricket World Cup in 2008, resulting in him receiving the Border-Gavaskar scholarship. This award came with a six-week training session at Cricket Australia’s Centre of Excellence in Brisbane.
In August 2008, Virat Kohli had his ODI debut for India against Sri Lanka and although he was dismissed after scoring 12 runs, he recovered with a strong showing in the fourth match of that tour, scoring his initial ODI half-century. The coming years saw Kohli achieve success in the form of two centuries in 2009 and 2010 respectively. Furthermore, he was selected for the Indian squad for the 2011 World Cup where he played an imperative role in its triumphant campaign. Despite India’s loss in the final match, Virat displayed maturity under pressure when making 35 runs off 49 balls.
Kohli’s talent and leadership qualities continued to impress, and he was named captain of the Indian T20 team in 2012. He has since become one of the most successful captains in the history of Indian cricket, leading India to victory in several important tournaments. In 2014, he was made captain of the Test team after MS Dhoni retired from the format, and he has led the team with distinction ever since.
Kohli’s impact on Indian cricket cannot be overstated, and he is widely regarded as one of the greatest cricketers of all time. His dedication to the sport and his willingness to work hard to improve his game has been an inspiration to millions of fans around the world. As he continues to play at the highest level, it is clear that he will leave a lasting legacy in the sport of cricket.
Virat Kohli and Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli has been a part of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) since the team’s inception in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2008. Widely regarded as one of the best Indian players in the league, Kohli has been a consistent performer for RCB and also captained the team for a long period. He has often been compared to Suresh Raina, who reached all the run milestones before Kohli. However, currently, Kohli leads the race with 6624 runs in the 2015 innings, followed by Shikhar Dhawan.
Virat Kohli is known for his incredible partnerships with South African batsman AB de Villiers, who is famously referred to as “Mr. 360”. In 2021, Kohli made the decision to step down from his role as captain of the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) ahead of the Mega Auction, but still remains a key player in the team under the leadership of Faf du Plessis.
In 2016, Kohli achieved his personal best in IPL, scoring 973 runs in 16 matches with 4 centuries and 7 half-centuries. His highest score in IPL was also recorded that year – 113 runs off just 50 balls at an impressive strike rate of 226 against Kings XI Punjab. He hit 12 fours and 8 sixes during this match which earned him the orange cap for that season.
Virat Kohli Awards and Honors
- In 2013, he received the Arjuna Award, which is the second-highest sporting honor in India.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2017, which is India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- In 2018, he was honored with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, which is India’s highest sporting honor.
- He won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Sportsperson in India in 2012.
- He was named CNN-News18 Indian of the Year in 2017.
- The Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) renamed a stand at the Arun Jaitley stadium in Delhi after Kohli.
- Virat was named ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012, 17, and 18.
Virat Kohli Social Media Profiles
- In 2012, during his first tour to Australia, Virat Kohli was fielding at the boundary line in the second Test when the Sydney crowd began to abuse him. In response, Kohli showed his middle finger to the crowd, sparking controversy. Despite later apologizing for his actions, Kohli’s behavior was widely criticized and seen as unsportsmanlike conduct.
- One year later, during an IPL 6 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders, Kohli, and Gautam Gambhir engaged in a heated altercation. After getting out, Kohli made some remarks that angered Gambhir, leading to both players hurling abuses at each other. The incident was widely reported and raised questions about the sportsmanship of both players.
- Before the 2015 World Cup in Australia, the BCCI disallowed Indian players from staying with their significant others during the tournament. However, reports later emerged that Kohli had been staying in the same hotel as his girlfriend, actress Anushka Sharma. This led to controversy and accusations of favoritism towards Kohli, with many arguing that he had been given special treatment by the BCCI.
- In 2016, Kohli found himself in another controversy after he abused a journalist following a practice session during the T20 World Cup. Believing that the journalist had written an article about Anushka Sharma in the National Daily, Kohli lashed out in anger. He later realized that he had targeted the wrong journalist and apologized for his behavior.
- In early 2017, there were rumors of a rift between Kohli and Anil Kumble, who had been appointed as coach of the Indian cricket team the previous year. These rumors were confirmed later that year when Kumble resigned from his position as coach. The controversy raised questions about Kohli’s leadership and the management of the Indian cricket team.
- In a shocking incident that has left the Indian cricket fraternity stunned, a video of Virat Kohli’s personal belongings stacked up neatly in his hotel room went viral on social media. The video, which appears to have been shot by an unknown person inside Kohli’s hotel room, showcases his personal items such as his glasses, cap, watch, footwear, suitcase, Indian jerseys, and even small statues of Gods kept on a cloth.
- Kohli took to social media to express his anger and disappointment, calling it a “breach of privacy.” The incident has left him feeling “paranoid” about his privacy, and he expressed concerns about not having personal space even in his own hotel room. The Indian captain has always appreciated his fans’ love and support, but this kind of fanaticism and invasion of privacy is not acceptable. He urged people to respect other people’s privacy and not treat them as mere commodities for entertainment. The incident has once again highlighted the need for celebrities and public figures to have their privacy respected, even when they are on official tours.
Favorite Things of Virat Kohli
|Favorite Batsman||Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle|
|Favorite Bowler||Shane Warne|
|Favorite Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Favorite Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favorite Actor||Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp, Amir Khan|
|Favorite Actresses||Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Penelope Cruz|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood: 3 Idiots, Border, Jo Jeeta wohi Sikandar|
Hollywood: Southpaw, Rocky 4, Iron Man
|Favorite TV Show||Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favorite Musician||Asrar, Eminem|
|Favorite Basketball player||Kobe Bryant|
|Favorite Car||Aston Martin|
|Favorite Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
Facts about Virat Kohli
- In 2011, he became the first Indian cricketer to score a century on his World Cup debut.
- He holds the record for being the fastest Indian cricketer to reach 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
- Following Rahul Dravid’s 2011 record of 1145 runs, he became the first Indian cricketer to accumulate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year.
- He led the victorious Indian World Cup Under-19 team in Malaysia in 2008.
- He became the first Indian Test captain to score a double century in an overseas Test, sharing the record of 4 double hundreds with Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, and Michael Clarke.
- In 2020, Forbes magazine ranked Kohli among the top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world for that year.
- Kohli was featured in the television documentary “Mega Icons,” which highlights famous Indian personalities.
- He currently holds the record for the highest batting average in T20 cricket.
- On the West Indies tour in 2011, Virat earned his Test cap.
- Virat Kohli runs a foundation along with his wife to support and promote sports in India, the foundation is called VFK(Virat Kohli Foundation) and it helps athletes to grow no matter the sport.
- Kohli has become the second Indian batsman, after Sachin Tendulkar, to score more than 50 centuries in international cricket. Currently, he has scored 70 centuries in his international career.
Virat Kohli is 35 years old, He was born on 5th November 1988.
Virat Kohli’s Yearly salary is INR 84 Crore and his monthly salary is around INR 7 Crore.
Virat Kohli’s Net worth is around $135 Million, and Virat Kohli’s Net Worth In Indian Rupees is INR 1155 Crore.
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s Daughter’s name is Vamika Kohli.
As of now, Virat Kohli has scored 74 centuries across all formats.
Yes, Virat Kohli owns a private Jet.
Virat Kohli has a total of 11 tattoos.
Virat Kohli’s hairstyle is called “Thick Sides Quiff Haircut”