Dhivyadharshini Neelakandan, also known as DD, is a well-known personality in the Tamil film and television industries, where she works as a host and actress. She was brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in a middle-class family.
If you’re a fan of DD and would like to learn more about her career, personal life, and television shows, you’ve come to the right place. This Dhivyadharshini Biography will cover all of these topics and more.
Who is Dhivyadharshini (DD)?
Dhivyadharshini was born on 17th February 1985 (Age: 39 years), she was born in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India, and is one of the most influential Tv personalities in the Tamil Industry be Television or film industry. Her hobbies include Dancing, singing, and Reading. She currently lives in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
|Name in Tamil
|DD, Dhivyadharshini “DD” Neelakandan
|Actress, TV anchor, Asst Professor
|Date of Birth
|17th February 1985
|Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
|Dancing, Singing, Reading
|TV: Siruvar Nigazhchi (1995)
Film: Shubhayathra (Malayalam)(1990)
Julie Ganapathi (Tamil)(2003)
Dhivyadharshini Education, Qualification
Dhivyadharshini went to Our Lady’s Matriculation Higher Secondary school and along with that she also attended and continued part-time education which she did from Anna Adarsh College in Chennai. Thereafter she went on to get admission to Ethiraj College for Women and completed her graduation.
|Our Lady’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School
|Anna Adarsh College, Chennai
Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
Also Read: Vijay TV Anchor Name List With Photos
Relationship (Husband, Family)
Vijay TV Dhivyadharshini married her longtime friend Srikanth Ravichandran, an assistant director, in 2014. However, they announced their separation in 2017 and have now filed for divorce in a family court in Chennai.
Dhivyadharshini’s father’s name is K. Neelakandan and her mother’s name is N. Srilatha. Her father died when she was young. She has a sister, Dhivyadharshini, sister name is Priyadarshini, who is also a host, and a younger brother who works as an airline pilot named Sudharshan Neelakandan.
|Father: K. Neelakandan
Mother: N. Srilatha
|Sister: Priyadarshini (TV Host)
Brother: Sudharshan Neelakandan (airline pilot)
(m. 2014- div. 2017)
|In centimeters: 165 cm
In meters: 1.65 m
In Inches: 5’5”
She began her television career at the age of 10 with Siruvar Nigazhchi on Sun TV, where she hosted around 20-25 episodes. Despite it being a quiz show for children, she found it challenging to handle the responsibilities due to her young age. After taking a break, she received an opportunity to anchor a teen show for Vijay TV’s Ungal Theerpu after a successful audition when she was in class nine, which marked the beginning of her successful career. Since then, she has been continuously hosting shows and has gained extensive experience in the industry.
She later transitioned into acting, earning recognition for her performance in K. Balachander’s Rekkai Kattiya Manasu on Raj TV. She continued to act in other popular television shows like Selvi and Arase and worked as a dubbing artist for films, lending her voice to characters in Saroja and Goa.
Since 2007, DD has become one of the leading TV anchors on Tamil television, hosting various reality TV shows on Vijay TV. She was the first host of Boys Vs. Girls and also co-hosted Jodi Number One with Deepak and Aravind Akash.
Dhivyadharshini TV Shows List
|Bigg Boss (Tamil season 6)
|Galatta Nakshathra Awards
|6th annual Vijay Television Awards
|Bigg Boss Tamil 4 Kondattam
|Speed Get Set Go!
|Bigg Boss Tamil 2
|Jodi Fun Unlimited
|Koffee with DD
|Airtel Super Singer T20
|Jodi Number One
|Boys Vs Girls
|Jodi Number One
Dhivyadharshini (DD) Movie List
|Joshua Imai Pol Kaakha
|Coffee with Kadhal
|Sarvam Thaala Mayam
|Five by Four
|Rekkai Kattiya Manasu
Dhivyadharshini Net Worth and Salary
Dhivyadharshini’s net worth is around $3 Million.
|Net Worth in Dollar
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees
|INR 24 Crore
|Yet To Update
Social Media Profiles
Favorites Things of Dhivyadharshini
|Kamal Haasan, Shah Rukh Khan
|Southeast Asian Cuisine
|Favorite Fashion Designer
|A R Rahman
|You Are So Beautiful (To Me) by Westlife
The Kamal Haasan Kissing Controversy
DD received criticism on social media after an episode of the TV show “Neengalum Vellalaam Oru Kodi Program,” during which she asked Kamal Haasan for a kiss, leading to controversy.
Suchi Leaks Sex Scandal leading to her divorce
DD was involved in the widely-known Suchi Leaks Sex Scandal, which was believed to be the reason for her husband filing for divorce. The scandal alleged that DD was addicted to drugs and had experienced the casting couch. However, she chose not to respond to any of the allegations made against her.
Dhivyadharshini Awards and Achievements
- In 2011, she won the Best Female Anchor award from Home Sweet Home on Vijay TV.
- Dhivyadharshini was honored with the “Fashion Icon of Television” award at the South Indian Fashion Awards in 2019.
- In the same year, Galatta Media recognized her as the “Dazzling Dynamite of TV.”
- Gasu Designer Studio awarded her with the title “Darling of Television” in 2019.
- DD received the prestigious ‘Vikatan Awards 2014’ for Best Female Anchor for ‘Koffee With DD’.
Facts about Dhivyadharshini
- Dhivyadharshini competed in Jodi No.1 as a participant in 2012 alongside Dance Master Sathish.
- She has also lent her voice as a dubbing artist in films, specifically for Vega Tamotia’s character in Saroja and Piaa Bajpai’s character in Goa.DD is a pet owner and has a dog as a pet.
- DD is passionate about fitness and makes regular trips to the gym to stay in shape.
- Dhivyadharshini was awarded the Vijay Television Awards for Best Female Anchor in both 2015 and 2016.
- At the age of 13-14, DD made a promise to her father that she would never consume alcohol or smoke. Even though she’s in the company of people who drink, she has never felt the temptation to consume alcohol.
- DD has a policy of not owning a credit card, which stems from her father telling her that the money on a credit card doesn’t belong to them. Thus, she has opted not to use credit cards as a personal policy.
- A few years ago, DD took a break from television, leaving many people wondering why. She had suffered a knee injury and was told that she might not be able to walk again. However, she was able to recover successfully from the injury and is back in the industry now.
- In 2017, DD topped the list of ‘Chennai Times Most Desirable Woman On Television.’
- In an interview, DD disclosed that she has no knowledge of riding a scooter or driving a car and can only ride a bicycle.
- DD, despite being an experienced host of numerous stage shows and events, has admitted to feeling stage fright. In an interview, she revealed that she sometimes experiences nausea before taking the stage.
Dhivyadharshini, also known as DD, is an Indian television presenter, actress, and anchor.
Dhivyadharshini’s age is 38 years old, she was born on 17th February 1985.
Dhivyadharshini’s net worth is $3 Million.
Dhivyadharshini’s father’s name is K. Neelakandan.
Dhivyadharshini’s Ex husband’s name is Srikanth Ravichandran, they got married in 2014 and divorced each other in 2017. She is not currently married.