Also, Scott is the lead anchor for any breaking news each weekend. Scott has covered some of the biggest news stories of the past two decades, including the Iraq War, the September 11 attacks, and the death of Osama bin Laden.
He has also interviewed some of the most influential people in the world, including Vice President Kamala Harris, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Ex-President Donald Trump.
If you want to know more about Jonathan then the article is the best place you can stumble up today, as in this article, we are going to talk about Jon Scott Biography and in this bio, we will tell you about his personal life, career, and many other interesting facts in relation to his life.
Jon Scott Wiki & Early Life
Jon Scott (Jonathan Arthur Scott) was born on November 7, 1958, in Denver, Colorado and currently he is 65 years Old. Scott is known for his ability to connect with viewers and explain complex news stories in a clear and concise way.
He currently lives in Irvington, New York. with his wife and children.
|Jonathan Arthur Scott
|Television news anchor, Journalist, Reporter
|65 years Old
|Date of Birth
|7th November 1958
|Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Irvington, New York.
Jon Scott’s Wife, Girlfriend, and Relationship
Jon Scott is a happily married man, his wife’s name is Sharon Scott. The date of their marriage is not known. This information is under review.
The couple has been blessed with 4 children, two daughters named Siera Scott and Savannah Scott. One of their sons named Joshua is currently serving in the American Military after graduating from the United States Military Academy.
The name of their second son is not known, this information is under review and will be updated soon.
Jon Scott is quite a private person when it comes to his family, he does not like to share much about them, hence the information about his parents such as his father’s name and his mother’s name is not known, nor he has ever mentioned them.
The information about his family that he has made public is that he has an elder sister named Becky and he also has a Brother whose name is not known but he was an Infantryman in the war in Vietnam.
The rest of the information about Jon Scott’s family is under review and will be updated soon.
|Father: Yet to Update
Mother: Yet to Update
Brother: Name Not Known (infantryman in Vietnam War)
|Daughter: Siera and SavannahSon: Joshua
Jon Scott Education
Jon Scott is a very intelligent and well-educated man. He graduated from Denver Lutheran High School, and after that he studied journalism at the University of Missouri–Columbia, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
|Denver Lutheran High School
|University of Missouri–Columbia
|Degree in Journalism
Jon Scott started his career as a reporter at Columbia, Missouri’s KOMU-TV (NBC), which is owned and run by the University of Missouri.
He advanced through several roles swiftly thanks to his commitment and talent. He next relocated to the vibrant metropolis of Miami, where he took on the roles of reporter, weekend co-anchor, and weekday evening news anchor at WPLG-TV (ABC). His reporting abilities were improved throughout this time, preparing him for future undertakings.
Rising in National Journalism
Jon’s pursuit of greatness brought him to Denver, where he worked for KUSA-TV (NBC) as a reporter and bureau chief.
He made a big step forward when he was hired as an anchor for the syndicated news show “Inside Edition” in 1988. He recognized himself as a notable journalist in the national arena with his appealing narrative and analytical skill.
Network Journalism and Notable Moments
Jon’s career trajectory increased as he moved more onto the national stage. He established himself in a key position as a correspondent for Dateline NBC between 1992 and 1995, displaying his talent for in-depth investigative reporting.
He then dabbled in presenting, taking over “A Current Affair” before joining the Fox News Channel in 1996, the channel’s first year.
Fox News Anchor and Pioneering Reporting
Jon Scott quickly established himself as a key player at Fox News Channel. He became well-known for presenting “Fox News Live” after the devastating September 11 attacks and for being the first reporter to indicate Osama bin Laden’s participation live on air.
This ground-breaking reporting demonstrated his capacity to impart news with understanding and precision even at the most trying times in history.
As he moved through several positions at Fox News, Jon’s dedication to journalism remained unshakable. His position as the host of “FOX Report (Weekends at 6PM/ET)” demonstrated his skill at identifying significant occurrences both domestically and internationally.
He covered a variety of important events in this position, including the Russian invasion of Ukraine, noteworthy interviews, and ground-breaking election coverage.
Diverse Expertise and Recognitions
The impact of Jon Scott went beyond the realm of traditional reporting. His reporting on everything from space shuttle launches to natural catastrophes, elections, and royal weddings demonstrated his versatility throughout his career.
Notably, he broadcast live coverage of both President Bush’s speech from the USS Abraham Lincoln and the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
His dependable reporting during the September 11 attacks was an example of his professionalism as a journalist.
Jon Scott Net worth, Salary
|Net Worth in Dollars
|$85,000 – $100, 000 per year
Jon Scott Height
|In centimeters: 188 cm
In meters: 1.88 m
In Inches: 6’2”
|In KG: 71 Kgs
In Pounds: 156 Lbs
11 Interesting Facts About Jon Scott
- Jon Scott is an accomplished American television news anchor known for hosting Fox Report Weekend on Fox News, where he delivers breaking news and highlights significant developments.
- Over the past two decades, Jon Scott has covered some of the most pivotal news stories, including the September 11 attacks, the Iraq War, and the demise of Osama bin Laden.
- Jon has conducted interviews with influential figures such as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ex-President Donald Trump, and Vice President Kamala Harris, showcasing his ability to engage with prominent personalities.
- Jon Scott possesses a private pilot’s license and is qualified to operate single-engine airplanes.
- On September 5, 2010, he underwent surgery on his right arm’s rotator cuff.
- His initial employment involved tending to the University of Denver’s lawn, while the subsequent year saw him purchasing his own lawnmower to seek out lawns for maintenance.
- He is an avid supporter of the NFL’s Denver Broncos.
- Between 1988 and 1992, he fulfilled a role as a reporter on Inside Edition. Subsequently, from 1992 to 1995, he served as a correspondent for Dateline NBC. Furthermore, he assumed the position of host on A Current Affair and later transitioned to Fox News Channel in 1996.
- His brother was an Infantryman in the Vietnam War.
- According to the details posted on the official website of Fox News It is mentioned that he might be a good Pilot but is a very good golfer.
- For his reporting on the NBC show Dateline, he was awarded an Emmy.
Nothing has happened to Jon Scott at Fox News. He is still the anchor of Fox Report Weekend and the lead anchor for any breaking news each weekend. He has been with the network since 1996.
Jon Scott’s wife is Sharon Scott. They have four children together.
Yes, Jon Scott is a private pilot. He is rated to fly single-engine airplanes.
Sharon Scott is married to Jon Scott.
Jon Scott is 65 years Old. He was born on November 7, 1958.
Jon Scott joined Fox News in 1996.