Kirk Edward Herbstreit, born on August 19, 1969 (Age: 54 years old), in Centerville, Ohio, is a well-known sports personality who talks about college football on TV.
Kirk played college football as a quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes from 1989 to 1993. Now, he’s a commentator for ESPN’s College GameDay and provides insights during football games on ESPN, ABC, and Thursday night NFL games on Prime Video.
He has earned five awards for his outstanding work on television. Additionally, he’s remembered by many as a commentator in the NCAA Football video game series. For further details about his life, including his Net Worth, Wife, Age, Salary, Son, Height you can explore Kirk Herbstreit’s Wiki.
Kirk Herbstreit Wiki & Early Life
|Kirk Edward Herbstreit
|Sports Commentator, Sportscaster
|54 years old
|Date of Birth
|19 August 1969
|Centerville, Ohio, United States
|Yet To Update
Kirk Herbstreit’s Wife, Girlfriend and Relationship
Kirk Herbstreit Family
Kirk Herbstreit met his wife Alison at Ohio State, where she used to cheer. They got married in 1998 and have four sons. The family moved from Ohio to Nashville in 2011 but now spends time in both Nashville and Cincinnati.
Their youngest son, Chase, plays football for St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati. The twin brothers, Jake and Tye, were athletes at Montgomery Bell Academy. Tye now plays football at Clemson University, while Jake first walked on at Clemson before transferring to Ohio State for academics.
Another son, Zak, joined Ohio State’s football team as a walk-on tight end in 2021. Apart from family life, Herbstreit talks openly about his Christian faith, saying it guides him every day.
|Father: Jim Herbstreit
Mother: Judy Herbstreit
|Sister: Terri Holmes
|Wife: Alison Butler
|Son: Zak Herbstreit, Jake Herbstreit, Tye Herbstreit, Chase Herbstreit
|Centerville High School
|Ohio State University
College Football Expertise
Kirk Herbstreit has been a key figure at ESPN since 1996, earning a lead analyst role on College GameDay alongside Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Pat McAfee, and Lee Corso. Known for his deep insights, he has become a fixture in college football broadcasting.
In 1997, Herbstreit received a Sports Emmy Award nomination for television’s top studio analyst. His expertise extends beyond broadcasting, as he wrote a weekly in-season column, “Inside The Game With Kirk Herbstreit,” for The Sporting News.
Versatile Broadcasting Career
Herbstreit’s versatility shines as he contributes to ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine, serves as a color commentator for Thursday night college football games, and replaced Jon Gruden for ESPN’s NFL Draft coverage in 2018.
Monday Night Football and Special Coverages
In 2020, he announced the first game of the Monday Night Football Kickoff Week doubleheader and worked a special Monday Night Football MegaCast. In 2022, he called the first game of an MNF doubleheader during the final week of the 2021 season.
Herbstreit’s influence expanded in 2022 as he became the color commentator for Thursday Night Football on Prime Video, partnering with NFL play-by-play announcer Al Michaels. He concurrently extended his contract with ESPN, maintaining roles on GameDay, Saturday Night Football, and the NFL Draft. Herbstreit’s multifaceted contributions continue to make him a central figure in football broadcasting.
Kirk Herbstreit Net Worth, Salary
|Net Worth in Dollars (Approx.)
|Salary Annually (Approx.)
Kirk Herbstreit Height
|In centimeters: 193 cm
In meters: 1.93 m
In Feet: 6.33 Feet
Kirk Herbstreit Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
10 Interesting Facts About Kirk Herbstreit
- Kirk Herbstreit, born August 19, 1969 (54 years old), is an American sportscaster and ex-college football player.
- He’s a lead analyst on ESPN’s College GameDay and provides color commentary for college football on ESPN and ABC, as well as Thursday night NFL games on Prime Video.
- Herbstreit won five Sports Emmy Awards and played quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes from 1989 to 1993.
- He graduated from Centerville High School in Ohio, excelling in football, basketball, and baseball.
- Kirk is actively involved in charities like the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer and The Make A Wish Foundation Ultimate Sports Auction.
- He lends his name to the Kirk Herbstreit National Kickoff Classic for high school football.
- Beyond sports, Herbstreit is a foodie, enjoys EA Sports video games, fishing, and working out.
- He is a horse racing fan and follows Ohio sports teams, being a dog lover, especially his golden retrievers.
- Kirk holds Ohio State records and is known for his dedication to faith and family.
- With a collection of Sports Emmy Awards, he continues to be a prominent figure in sports broadcasting.
Yes, He is married in 1998 and have a four sons.
His wife name is Alison Butler.
His salary is $4 Million.
His net worth is $12 Million.
His twitter handle is @KirkHerbstreit
He have a four sons, named are Zak Herbstreit, Jake Herbstreit, Tye Herbstreit, Chase Herbstreit.
He was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and ankles.