Ylan Mui, born on December 24, 1980 (Age: 43 years old), has Vietnamese roots. She’s the daughter of DanTam Mui and Bong Q. Growing up with her siblings, Vy and Dan, the family faced tough times. Ylan’s father, Dr. Mui, was a successful Texas doctor, but the Vietnam War separated them for six years while he pursued education at Tulane University.
They reunited in New Orleans after 1975, and Ylan was born five years later. Hurricane Katrina in 2005 led them to move to Texas, where they still live, with Dr. Mui practicing medicine. Ylan is an American citizen.
To learn more about her, including her age, height, net worth, and parents, check out Ylan Mui’s wiki.
Ylan Mui Wiki & Early Life
|Journalist, and News Anchor
|43 years old
|Date of Birth
|24 December 1980
|Washington D. C.
Ylan Mui’s Husband, Boyfriend and Relationship
Ylan Mui Family
|Father: Bong Q. Mui
Mother: Dan Tam Mui
|Husband: Adam McClintock
Ylan Mui Education
|St. Mary’s Dominican High School, New Orleans
|Loyola University, New Orleans
After graduating, Ylan Mui secured a writing position at The Washington Post, where she focused on finance and economics news, notably during the 2008 Great Recession. Her articles on White House economic policy garnered significant attention. Mui dedicated many years to the newspaper and also served as an adjunct instructor at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Additionally, she made a mark as a guest panelist on C-SPAN. In 2017, Ylan made a career move, leaving her previous roles to join CNBC as a broadcast journalist. Her coverage spans finance and federal issues, with her work featured on television news and social media platforms.
Ylan Mui is an active member of the Asian American Journalists Association, and her influential voice continues to shape the nation’s economy. Through her work, she aspires to make a positive impact on people’s everyday lives.
Ylan Mui Net Worth, Salary
|Net Worth in Dollars (Approx.)
|Salary Annually (Approx.)
|Yet To Update
Ylan Mui Height
|In centimeters: 164 cm
In meters: 1.64 m
In Feet: 5 Feet 4 Inches
|In KG: 51 Kgs,
In Pounds: 112 Lbs
Ylan Mui Twitter, Facebook
9 Interesting Facts About Ylan Mui
- Ylan Mui, born on December 24, 1980 (43 years old), is a journalist and news anchor with Vietnamese heritage.
- Her parents are DanTam Mui and Bong Q, and she grew up alongside her siblings Vy and Dan.
- Dr. Mui, her father, was a successful Texas doctor, but their family endured a six-year separation during the Vietnam War while he pursued his education at Tulane University.
- After the family reunited in New Orleans post-1975, Ylan was born five years later.
- They faced displacement due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, which prompted them to relocate to Texas, where her father continued to practice medicine.
- Ylan holds American citizenship.
- She attended St. Mary’s Dominican High School in New Orleans and graduated from Loyola University, New Orleans.
- Her career began at The Washington Post, where she covered finance and economics, notably during the 2008 Great Recession, and gained recognition for her articles on White House economic policy.
- Ylan also served as an adjunct instructor at the University of Maryland, College Park, and was a guest panelist on C-SPAN.
- In 2017, she transitioned to CNBC News Channel as a broadcast journalist, focusing on finance and federal issues, contributing to TV news and social media platforms. She’s an active member of the Asian American Journalists Association and aims to positively impact people’s everyday lives through her work.
Ylan Mui was born on December 24, 1980 (43 years old).
Her parents are DanTam Mui and Bong Q.
She grew up in New Orleans but later moved to Texas with her family.
She attended St. Mary’s Dominican High School in New Orleans and graduated from Loyola University, New Orleans.
Ylan Mui is a broadcast journalist focusing on finance and federal issues at CNBC.