Amitabh Bachchan Age
|Amitabh Bachchan Age||81 years|
|Net Worth||$410 million (estimated)|
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees||Rs. 3322 crores (estimated)|
What Is The Age Of Amitabh Bachchan?
As Amitabh Bachchan’s birthdate is 11th October 1942, his current age is 81 years. Apart from acting in many movies, he is also known for playback singing, film production and his luxury business named ‘LEGEND 1942’.
Biography of Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan is famous for his incredibly excellent acting skills and the style in which he hosts the popular TV show, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. Besides, he has also served as a playback singer and a film producer during his career. He is among the most impactful legendary actors of all time.
|Full Name||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Date of Birth||11th October, 1942|
Family Life And Education
Born on 11th October 1942, Amitabh Bachchan was initially called ‘Amitabh Shrivastav’. While he was born in Allahabad, he was brought up by his father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, and his mother, Teji Bachchan. In those instances, Amitabh’s mother used to work as a social activist, and his father used to write poems in Hindi. This Indian actor was also nurtured along with a brother, Ajitabh, who is relatively young to him.
Soon after his birth, Mr Bachchan’s parents named the actor ‘Inquilaab’. But, when the poet, Sumitranandan Pant, saw Inquilaab, he suggested his parents name him Amitabh. A bit later, Amitabh’s father suggested adding the surname Bachchan rather than adding ‘Shrivastava’. Apart from these facts, Mr Bachchan’s father and mother passed away in 2003 and 2007.
As Amitabh grew up, he initially completed his early education at Jnana Pramodhini Boys High School in Allahabad. Moreover, he also attended a college in Allahabad and Sherwood College in Nainital to pursue his secondary education. As time passed, he also attended Kiron Mal College, located in Delhi. He then attained his Bachelor’s Degree in Science in 1962.
|Amitabh’s mother’s name||Teji Bachchan|
|Amitabh’s father’s name||Harivansh Rai Bachchan|
|Amitabh’s Siblings||Brother – Ajitabh Bachchan|
|Birthplace||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Jnana Pramodhini Boys High School in Allahabad|
|College||Sherwood College in Nainital,|
Kiron Mal College in Delhi
|Qualification||Bachelor’s in Science|
The Personality of Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan always looks dynamic, even when he has played diverse roles in many movies. His acting skills were sly, and this trait has always won the attention of many viewers. While this actor is 6 feet 2 inches tall, his weight is 80 kg. Determination and hard work are some of the words that make him successful even today.
|Height in centimetres||189 cm|
|Height in metres||1.89 m|
|Height in feet||6 feet 2 inches|
|Weight in pounds||154 pounds|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
Amitabh Bachchan Married Life
Amitabh Bachchan is happily married to Jaya Bachchan, an Indian actress. While both of them started staying together, they also nurtured two children nurtured, Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Bachchan. Abhishek Bachchan is also working as an actor and leading married life with Miss World 1994, Aishwarya Bachchan.
On the contrary, Shweta Bachchan is married to Nikhil Nanda, who belongs to a well-cultured family. At present, Nikhil has been running a business for many years. Beyond these facts, Amitabh Bachchan also had a love affair with the Indian actresses Rekha and Parveen Babi.
Acting Career of Amitabh Bachchan
Soon after finishing his higher studies, Amitabh’s father got in touch with the founder of Prithvi Theatre, Prithviraj Kapoor, to check whether there were any opportunities. But, after meeting him and his father, he didn’t move ahead. As time passed, Mr Bachchan applied for the newsreader position with All India Radio. However, when he went for the auditions, the team didn’t select him for any role. Later, he started working as a Business Executive with ‘Bird & Company’ in Calcutta. However, with the influence of his mother, Amitabh Bachchan thought about moving ahead in his life as an actor.
In 1969, Mr Bachchan started working as a voice narrator for the award-winning movie Bhuvan Shome. But, when the director, Khwaja Ahmad Abbas, thought about coming up with the movie Saat Hindustani, Amitabh Bachchan made his debut as an actor. Apart from many movies like Anand and Guddi, Amitabh Bachchan got the opportunity to work in an antagonist role in Parawana in 1971. After these movies, Amitabh Bachchan also appeared in the comedy film Bombay to Goa. While this movie was pretty successful in the Bollywood industry, Sanjog in 1972 didn’t receive appreciation at the theatres.
Soon are failing many times in different types of movies; Amitabh Bachchan was offered a dual role in the movie Bandhe Hath in 1973. But, when the screenwriters Salim Khan and Javed Akthar observed his acting skills on screen, they came up with the persona of an ‘angry young man. However, they found it tough to look for a suitable individual who could act just like an angry man. Hence, they chose Amitabh Bachchan for the movie, Zanjeer in 1973. Eventually, when people started appreciating the movie, Zanjeer, Amitabh Bachchan became successful in the Bollywood industry. As soon as he married Jaya Bhaduri, the Indian actor got another opportunity with the film, Abhimaan. A bit later, he acted along with Rashesh Khanna in the dramatic social movie Namak Haram. Majboor was also one of the movies which was a great success due to his presentation and acting skills.
Unlike the past eras, the period between 1975 and 1988 brought a lot of fame and fortune for the Indian actor. While Mr Bachchan starred in films of different genres, he played his role incredibly well in movies named ‘Chupke’, ‘Faraar’, and ‘Milli’. Soon after the film Sholay’s release, Amitabh Bachchan started soaring high in his acting career. On the contrary, Mr Bachchan became known as a romantic hero when the movie Kabhi was released in 1976. This actor also achieved great fame and success with the films Amar Akhbar Anthony, Khoon Pasina, and Parvarish. Later, he also grabbed the opportunity for a double role in “Kasme Vaade” and “Don” movies. Besides these movies, Mr Bachchan became popular due to the films Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Trishul, Besharam, and Ganga Ki Saugandh. In 1979, the Indian actor also observed tremendous growth in his career as he played diverse roles in Satte Pe Satta, Suhaag, Mazil, Silsila, and more. But it’s interesting to know that the actor played a triple role in the movie, Mahaan.
As 2000 commenced, Amitabh appeared in the film, Mohabbatein, directed by none other than Aditya Chopra. The viewers also started appreciating his roles in the movies, The Bond of Love, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam, and Ek Rishtaa. But, his comeback in the film industry became prominent only when he established a few business ventures. As he turned into a producer, he was known to set up Amitabh Bachchan Corporation, Ltd. in 1996. But, with the rise of legal battles, the entertainment company faced a considerable loss, resulting in operational collapse. The Indian Industries Board also declared the firm a company that didn’t do well in its nascent phases.
In 2013, Amitabh also tried his skills in Hollywood in the movie, The Great Gatsby. Surprisingly, he was also selected for the role of a friendly ghost in the film Boothnath Returns. In 2017, the Indian actor also appeared in the series of Sarkar films, ‘Sarkar 3’. Beyond these movies, he was also observed playing his role with Rishi Kapoor in 102 Not Out. The actor is still hosting the famous TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati. Recently, you will also see the actor in the movie Bhramastra with Ranbir Kapoor as the prominent actor. Goodbye, Runway 34, and Jhund are some movies that have hit the box office. In future, he is also ready to act in a Telugu movie, Project K. While he will be trying his best to act in the movie, he will be acting alongside Prabhas and Deepika Padukone.
Apart from everything else, Amitabh Bachchan also had to go through many sabbaticals between 1988 and 1992. Soon after serving in politics, his fame began to wane when he was an actor in the movies, Toofan, Main Azaad Hoon, and Jaadugar. But, after the release of “Aaj Ka Arjun” and “Hum”, Amitabh started gaining success steadily. After the release of the film Khuda Gawah, he almost thought about retiring for five years. However, the overall success that he gained didn’t last for a long time, and the string of failures continued as time passed.
Besides his experience in acting, Mr Bachchan is also known for television appearances. While the actor served the role of a host for every season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, he was also the host of the third season of the show Bigg Boss. But, even when he has crossed 80, he continues to host the current season of Kaun Banega Crorepati in 2022. The actor also made his debut in the television series named Yudh. As the actor played the role of a businessman in the series, he tried to balance his personal and professional life.
Accomplishments of Amitabh Bachchan
This versatile actor has received many awards for acting in different types of films. In 1991, he was the first to get the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award. He was honoured with the title Superstar of the Millennium in 2000. After considering his immense contribution, the actor was also felicitated with the actor of the Century award in 2001. But, the list of awards goes on because he received many awards at International Film festivals and events held in different regions of the globe. It is also interesting to know that the Indian actor received the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Vibhushan in 2015, and the Padma Bhushan in 2001. A former president of Afghanistan also gave him the Order of Afghanistan in 1991. This memorable moment took place soon after the shoot of the movie Khuda Gawah.
Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth
As Amitabh Bachchan turns 80 (in 2022), his net worth is estimated to be Rs. 3322 crores. Apart from earning 60 crores yearly, the Indian actor also earns pretty well through brand endorsements. Most of the time, Amitabh Bachchan charges Rs. 5 crores whenever brands want to promote themselves in the competitive market. Apart from this, the actor has also invested in many real estate businesses. He has also invested in US-based tech startups and the most famous company, Just Dial.
As far as Amitabh’s assets are concerned, he owns four bungalows in Mumbai. These residences are named Jalsa, Vats, Pratiksha, and Janak. But, at present, the actor lives with his entire family in Jalsa, which is situated in the busy region of Mumbai, Juhu. While the overall cost of Jalsa is approximately Rs. 100 crores, the property, Pratiksha, is worth around Rs. 160 crores. In addition, Amitabh also owns an office in Janak. He also has an ancestral home in Uttar Pradesh, now known as an education trust.
According to some sources, Amitabh owns a property in France and bungalows in Mumbai. He is also proud to own many luxurious sports cars. Bentley Continental GT is the most expensive car in his collection. The SUV Lexus LX 570 is yet another luxurious car he has owned for a long time. Besides, he owns different models of Mercedes Benz along with Ford Perfect, Porsche Cayman S, Mini Cooper S, and more.
|Net Worth in Rupees||Rs. 3322 crores (estimated)|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$410 million (estimated)|
Notable News About Amitabh Bachchan
- According to a news article on the website of Indian Express, Rupsa Chakraborty has written how the Indian actor combats his severe ailments and diseases. He has answered many questions and how people can live fearlessly even when their health worsens. He said eating healthy food items like grains, vegetables, and fruits is always essential. Moreover, soon after the Collie incident, the Indian actor started suffering from Myasthenia Gravis. As per his experience, he stated that the best way to manage the ailment could be a change in dietary habits. The patients must also seek assistance when they are doing specific tasks. But, to combat double vision, the actor said the patients should place an eye patch for temporary relief.
- As per the news published on the official website of Bollywood Hungama, the recent movie, Uunchai can only be released on no more than 500 screens. Such a limit is relatively less than what is meant for a mid-sized film. But, when people asked about the reasons for the low limit of release, the source replied that the filmmakers were following an old Rajshri model for releasing the movie. Moreover, if the people like watching movies, the number of shows will increase in the coming days. With a limit set on the number of releases, there wouldn’t be any possibility of the show’s cancellation. There will be viewers who will like watching the movie, and there are fewer chances of zero audiences.
- During an informal meetup with Simi Garewal, Amitabh was observed giving instructions to the cameraman. This fact was evident because Simi had shared a behind-the-scenes video on one of her social media accounts. While Amitabh Bachchan was with his family members during the rendezvous, he instructed the man dealing with the close-up camera. He insisted the cameraman capture every minute moment, from picking his nose to scratching his head. These moments will ultimately make the show exciting and make people laugh. With the cameraman capturing the little moments, Simi considered naming the video ‘RENDEZVOUS GEMS!’
- While the most famous Indian actress, Rekha, moved on with her career, she continued with Amitabh Bachchan for quite some time. As the relationship became strong, people came across many interesting stories regarding her love affair and personal life. Both the actor and actress became so popular that the news appeared on many websites. However, when people saw the movie named Silsila, Rekha and Amitabh Bachchan denied their relationship.
Controversies of Amitabh Bachchan
Even when Amitabh Bachchan was famous throughout his illustrious career, he didn’t get affected due to any controversies. So, let’s quickly go through some controversies in detail.
The Bofors Scandal
When this scandal erupted, Amitabh was accused of being involved with a weapons contract. During that period, a scandal arose between the countries Sweden and India. But, after 25 years, the entire family found that they were living under many lies and deceitfulness. Once the people disclosed the truth, Amitabh was asked to present his reaction. He said nobody must be forgiven because no individual can diminish the defamation the family has faced for 25 years.
The Press Censorship
When an emergency arose in 1975, the press thought of banning the Indian actor because the individuals considered that he was responsible for censorship. Considering the shattering situation, Amitabh stated that people must stop writing about him. They could have stated my name along with the star cast if he was playing a particular role in a movie. He also said that he has every right to ban the press if the press has felt that people should ban it. Because of this, the actor stopped meeting reporters during a video shoots. While this continued for 15 years, the relationship resumed normal when he entered politics in the 1980s. People also thought about rekindling the relationship when the actor stood for the elections.
The Fury Expressed By Anurag Kashyap
When the movies Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey and Chittagong were about to release on the same dates in 2010, people observed that the plot was based on the same subject. Hence, many reporters said that Mr Bachchan had thought about postponing the release of Chittagong because he wanted his son’s film to become famous. A bit later, Mr Bachchan told the Times of India that this seemed baseless. He doesn’t want to dignify the remark, as stated by Anurag Kashyap.
The Chapter Involving Shatrughan Sinha
When Amitabh Bachchan and Shatrughan Singha were acting in the same movies like Kaala Patthar, Naseeb and a few more, Mr Sinha was happy with Amitabh’s behaviour. He used to find it strange when people didn’t appreciate his acting skills and thought he was on par with Amitabh Bachchan. While both of them used to return to the same hotel after the shoot, Mr Bachchan never used to welcome him in his vehicle. It was strange because Mr Sinha didn’t have any grudge or complaints against Mr Bachchan. But, after a while, both the actors became friends again.
Relationship With Amir Singh
Amir Singh and Amitabh Bachchan were always good friends right from the beginning. Moreover, Mr Singh had offered financial aid to the actor when he was going through a lean phase in life. According to rumours, Amir Singh had encouraged Mr Bachchan’s wife to join Indian politics. But, when Singh was no longer associated with the party, he told Jaya Bachchan to put down her resignation. It ultimately brought up a rift between the Bachchans and Mr Singh. Years later, Mr Singh received a message from the Bachchans when it was his father’s death anniversary. In those instances, he apologized through a tweet and said he regretted his overall reaction against Mr Singh and his entire family.
Hobbies And Interests
Whenever this Indian actor is not occupied with any work, he always likes to spend a marvellous time with his family. Besides, he likes writing blogs, stepping out for workouts and reading books. But, Mr Bachchan is concerned about his physical health, so he stopped eating non-vegetarian food in 2020. Bhindi Sabzi and Gulab Jamun are some of his favourite food items. As he paced his acting career, he considered Dilip Kumar, his role model. In addition to the films, Pyasa and Kagaz Ke Phool, Amitabh also likes many Hollywood movies. These include Gone with the Wind, Black, and Godfather.
If Amitabh considers taking a break from his usual routine, he will plan a tour abroad. London, Petersburg and Switzerland are some of the destinations that he likes the most. Among many singers, he also appreciates the skills of Kishore Kumar and the late Lata Mangeshkar. Sports like cricket and Lawn tennis matches are also something that he likes watching at leisure.
Social Media Profiles of Amitabh Bachchan
Like many actors and actresses, Amitabh updates his fan base with movie releases and some of his moments. So, let’s check out more about what he posts on different social media profiles.
If you come Amitabh’s profile on Facebook, you will observe photos of Indian gods and goddesses. Besides, you will also come across many social media posts when Amitabh Bachchan is promoting his brand, LEGEND 1942.
When you go through Amitabh’s profile on Instagram, you will notice many snaps he has taken while wearing trendy clothes. Besides, you will also observe posts when people are about to release a particular movie. He has also updated his fans regarding ‘Back to the Beginning’, which depicts his journey in Indian cinema.
When you go through the actor’s profile on Twitter, you will immediately know that this actor is a pious man. In addition to many posts regarding his brand, Amitabh also posted an image when he honoured Prashant Damle for completing 12,500 shows of his famous play, ‘Lagnachi Gostha’.
Facts Associated With Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh writes smoothly with both hands. If you come across his profile on Facebook, you will notice the website Tumblr. As you scroll across the website, you will also observe that he updates it regularly with blogs.
- Mr Bachchan has been fond of pets since he started growing up in his acting career. While leading an opulent lifestyle, he had a pet dog, Shanouk, who passed away due to an illness. His dog was among the tallest dogs in the world.
- Soon after the “Insaniyat” movie’s failure, Amitabh went through a lean phase. He later decided not to act in any movie for the next five years.
- As per his social media profile on Instagram, Amitabh manages an online store named ‘LEGEND 1942’. While his team showcases home-grown perfumes online, he is the man behind everything and the visionary creative force. These perfumes are meant for men and women and are enriched with the goodness of exotic ingredients.
- This Bollywood star has always been involved in many campaigns related to drinking and smoking habits. Even when he used to drink alcohol and smoke occasionally, he quit these habits while progressing in his career in the 1980s.
- Apart from being a very good actor, Mr Bachchan is always a good singer. As he paced ahead in his career, he sang many bhajans dedicated to Lord Ganesha. Besides, Amitabh has also composed the music of a soundtrack. The soundtrack was released to celebrate 110 years of Indian Cinema and when he became 80 years old.
- Recently, in October 2022, Amitabh Bachchan was a part of a 12-hour-long telethon. The program was shown to make the entire country aware of air pollution. If you visit the link, ndtv.com/swasthindia, you can check out many videos related to the live show.
- In April 2022, Amitabh presented himself in a show named ‘The Great Con-Fession’. While the last round was conducted with great enthusiasm, Amitabh served the role of a ‘Rule Enforcer’. On the other hand, Ajay Devgan served the role of a ‘Rule Breaker’.
- While Amitabh Bachchan performed incredibly well in his acting career, he was always known for his baritone voice. But, even after possessing impeccable skills, the team working with All India Radio rejected him for projects.
- Besides being versatile in his acting career, Amitabh was also known to be a good athlete, which he was studying in college. Apart from winning 100, 200 and 400 meters races, Amitabh has also won the boxing championship, which was organized at Sherwood.
- When Amitabh was growing up since childhood, his ambition was to become an engineer. Hence, he was very eager to join the Indian Air Force.
- In 2007, the court in Faizabad had set allegations that Amitabh had attained a fake certificate to show that he was a farmer. This actor thought about taking such a step because he wanted to acquire a plot of 24 acres near Lonavala. But, when people came to know about this news, the actor presented a certificate from the magistrate of Barabanki district stating that he was a farmer. He thought about adding this title because he owned a huge plot of land in the district.
- In September 2021, many netizens criticized Amitabh Bachchan when he presented himself in a campaign related to the Paan Masala brand. Many NGOs also told the actor to hold himself back from such advertisements. But, in response, a blog revealed that when the Indian actor started working closely with the brand, he wasn’t aware of the fact that the advertising fell under surrogate advertising. So, he stopped working with the brand and terminated the contract.
- In June 2000, the Madam Tussauds Wax Museum in London thought about keeping a statue of Amitabh inside the premises. This Indian actor was the first Asian individual whose statue was crafted and kept inside the museum. Moreover, the All Bengal Amitabh Bachchan Fans’ Association also presented a statue of Mr Bachchan in West Bengal. While Subrata Bose meticulously crafted the statue, he was presented in the avatar of the role he played in the movie, ‘Sarkar’.
- As Jaya Bhaduri started working as an actress in the Bollywood industry, Amitabh worked with her in the first movie, Guddi. In those instances, Mr Amitabh played the role pretty well and presented himself as a guest appearance.
- Amitabh earned fame and recognition after acting in the movie, Zanjeer. As he played the role of an inspector in the movie, people started calling him the nickname, Angry Young Man. Moreover, people have never forgotten his role in the entire film, even today.
- Before accomplishing success in the movie, ‘Zanjeer’, Amitabh had already acted in numerous actors. But, these movies had not become popular during that period.
- When Amitabh decided to act in the movie Sholay, the team of Bollywood thought about paying him Rs. 1 lakh for playing the role of Jai. Unlike other Indian actors, Mr Bachchan was quite happy to receive such a huge sum.
- Even when this actor played many roles in the Bollywood industry, he suffered from many ailments and diseases. While the entire crew was shooting the movie, Coolie, the doctor declared him clinically dead for 11 minutes. But, to recover from the fatal injury and rescue from the condition, the doctor gave him an adrenaline injection a few minutes later. Besides, Amitabh also was suffering from Myasthenia gravis soon after the incident. Moreover, the Indian actor was also suffering from Hepatitis B and stated that he had nearly lost most of his liver.
- In 1984, Amitabh decided to take a break from his acting career and started supporting Rajiv Gandhi. Besides, he also stood for the 8th Lok Sabha Elections, which had won with around 70% of the votes.
Even at the age of 81 years, Amitabh Bachchan earns 60 crores yearly. Besides, he is earning through brand endorsements and Rs. 300 crores for the entire Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) season.
Amitabh Bachchan is the owner of Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Ltd. While the company was set up in 1996, the entire team managed various events and produced films.
Amitabh Bachchan owns five bungalows in many areas of the Juhu-Vile Parle Development Scheme (JVPD). Among the residences, Prateeskha is the first spacious house that the family bought in Mumbai city.
Amitabh Bachchan is popular for his acting and his performances in films of different genres. Apart from acting, he also does playback singing for some projects and movies.
As Amitabh Bachchan is 80 years old, he is considered one of the oldest actors in the Bollywood industry.
According to numerous reports, twelve servants are working at Amitabh’s residence. Moreover, the average salary of the servants is Rs. 25,000 per month.
In addition to being an Indian actor, Amitabh Bachchan is famous for producing films, hosting television shows and lending his voice to songs.