Randeep Hooda Age
|Randeep Hooda Age||45 Years (As of 2022)|
What is the age of Randeep Hooda?
Born on 20 August 1976 into an Indian Jat family, Randeep is an Indian actor who is 45 years old. He is best known for his versatility and work in Hindi cinema. He has received two Stardust Awards and a nomination for the Filmfare and the International Indian Film Academy Awards.
Randeep Hooda Biography
Randeep Hooda is a Bollywood actor, model, and equestrian born in Rohtak, Haryana. He currently lives in Mumbai with his family but often visits Haryana in his hometown. Hooda made his acting debut in Mira Nair’s 2001 film Monsoon Wedding as a non-resident Indian from Australia. Furthermore, Randeep Hooda also gained the limelight because of his relationship with actress Sushmita Sen. The couple started dating in 2006 but eventually broke up in 2009.
|Real Name||Randeep Singh Hooda|
|Date of Birth||20 August 1976|
|Age (as of 2022)||46|
|Profession/Occupation||Model, Actor, Equestrian|
|Hobbies||Wildlife Photography, Playing Polo & Show Jumping, Listening To Instrumental Music, Travelling, Doing Workout, Horse-Riding|
|Birth Place/Home Town||Rohtak, Haryana|
|Current Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Social networks||Instagram Facebook|
|Cars||Mercedes Benz GL 350 CDI, Volvo V90|
Randeep is not only blessed with incredible acting skills and proves to be a perfectionist but also is equally fit and presentable.
|Height in centimetres||180 cm|
|Height in metres||1.80 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′11|
|Weight in Kilograms||80 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
|Figure Measurements||40 – 32 – 16 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Family Background and Upbringing
Randeep spent most of his childhood with his grandmother in their hometown. Randeep’s father, Dr. Ranbir Hooda, is a medical surgeon, and his mother, Asha Devi Hooda, is a social worker. They travelled a lot and mainly lived in the Middle East. Anjali Hooda Sangwan is his older sister and a medical doctor trained in India and the United States; his younger brother is a software engineer in Singapore.
|Father||Dr. Ranbir Hooda|
|Mother||Asha Devi Hooda|
|Sister||Anjali Hooda Sangwan|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in marketing, Masters in business management and human resource management|
|Schooling||Motilal Nehru school of sports, Delhi Public School|
|College/University||University of Melbourne|
He had a very lonely childhood because his parents were always at work and travelling, leaving him in a rigorous environment at her mother’s house. When Randeep was eight, he was sent to a boarding school in Rai, Sonipat, Haryana, named Motilal Nehru school of sports. He participated in swimming and equestrian sports and won medals at the national level. Gradually, he developed an interest in theatre, participated in school productions, and directed one of them.
However, his family wanted him to become a doctor, so he was later transferred to Delhi Public School, RK Puram in New Delhi, to complete his further studies. Randeep moved to Melbourne, Australia, in 1995 to study bachelor’s degree in marketing and a master’s degree in business management and human resource management.
While studying in Australia, he worked at a Chinese restaurant, a car wash, a waiter, and a taxi driver. Randeep returned to India in 2000 after completing his studies in Australia and working in the marketing department of an airline. He eventually started modelling and performing in theatre in Delhi. Director Mira Nair approached him while practising for the play “To Teach His Own” to audition for one of her upcoming movies.
Randeep Hooda Net worth and Salary
Randeep Hooda is among the highest-paid actors in the Bollywood film industry. His net worth in Indian Rupees is 88 crore which sums upto USD 12 million in 2022, and his annual income is INR 10 crore. He earns Rs 70 lacs monthly, and the major source of his income is movies, TV advertisements, and promotions. Randeep charges 5-6 crore rupees per movie. On the house in Haryana as well as in Mumbai.
|Net Worth||$12 Million|
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees||Rs. 88 Crore|
|Annual Income in INR||Rs. 10 crore|
|Monthly Income||Rs. 70 lacs|
Randeep Hooda Relationship
Randeep is often said to be the most eligible bachelor in the glamour world, but it seems that the handsome hunk has found love. According to rumours, Randeep has been dating model-actress Lin Laishram for a while now. Although the rumoured couple has not publicly announced their relationship, they are said to have been dating since 2016, and the lovebirds might tie the knot soon.
Lin is an Indian model, actress, and businesswoman who has appeared in many Bollywood movies like Om Shanti Om, Mary Kom, Rangoon, and others. She is originally from Manipur and affiliated with Naseeruddin Shah’s theatre group – Motley. Lin is a national-level Archer trained from Tata archery Academy in Jamshedpur.
Randeep Hooda Career, Movies, and Awards
In 2001, after returning from the University of Melbourne, Randeep Hooda started his acting career. Randeep is a phenomenal actor who has worked in a few theatres and plays but has faced a lot of struggle in his initial days. His debut film in Bollywood was Monsoon Wedding (2001). The movie was critically and commercially successful but had to wait for four years to get a second project. Meanwhile, he worked in theatre and television commercials to support himself financially.
Additionally, he assisted Naseeruddin Shah at the National School of Drama in New Delhi with an imagination and improvisation workshop. Ram Gopal Varma cast him as the main lead in his Gangster film D in 2005. While the film was not that successful, Randeep got some recognition after delivering exceptional performance in the movie. In his subsequent films, Hooda appeared in critically and commercially unsuccessful films such as Darna Zaroori Hai (2006), Risk (2007), Ru Ba Ru (2008), and Love Khichdi (2009).
Hooda subsequently appeared in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010) and was nominated for an IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor for Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster (2011). Critics later praised him critically for Highway (2014) and Sarbjit (2016). His other notable work includes Jism 2 (2012), Murder 3 (2013), Kick (2014), and Rang Rasiya (2014).
He recently worked on a web series named “Extraction” with Chris Hemsworth and played the villain in “Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai” opposite Salman Khan. Several exciting projects are in the works for him. Recently, he shared the first look he had for his Netflix original CAT. The actor will also appear in the film “Inspector Avinash” and the film “Tera Kya Hoga Lovely” opposite Ileana D’Cruz.
Randeep Hooda Awards
|2012||Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster||Nominated|
|2012||International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster||Nominated|
|2013||Stardust Awards||Best Actor||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|2014||Stardust Awards||Best Actor||Highway||Won|
|2015||Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role||Best Actor||Highway||Nominated|
|2015||Filmfare Awards||Best Actor||Rang Rasiya||Nominated|
|2015||Stardust Awards||Best Actor in a Negative Role||Main Aur Charles||Won|
Throughout his career, Randeep Hooda has won plenty of awards and accolades. The actor won his first award for his outstanding performance in Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, and he won a Stardust Award for Highway in 2014. The actor also received a Stardust Award for his role in Main aur Charles (2015).
Randeep Hooda Other Works
Randeep Hooda began his acting career in theatres. He is an active member of Naseeruddin Shah’s theatre group – Motley. He has appeared in several well-known Hindi plays, including ‘Kali Shalwar Aur Kuch Kahaniyan’ and ‘Arms and The Man.’
In an interview with daily news and analysis, he stated, “Juggling between the two [Theatre and films] does get difficult, but I don’t see myself ever giving up Theatre. It’s got a deeper connection with who I really am. So, if films give you the wings to fly, Theatre is a reality check, it keeps you grounded. Films can give you the satisfaction of feeling like a hero, but Theatre gives you the real satisfaction of being an actor.”
Hooda is the only Bollywood actor who competes in professional equestrian sports such as polo and shows jumping regularly. After the release of his film D, he began competing on a professional level. Colonel SS Ahalawat taught Hooda and Brigadier Bishnoi how to ride a horse and dressage.
“My first stint with horses happened when I was in class eight at the Motilal Nehru School of Sports in Haryana, but thereafter I didn’t ride horses for 17 years,” he said. He had eight horses, but he gave two to new trainees. He keeps his horses at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Mumbai.
Favourite Things of Randeep Hooda
|Favourite Food||Aloo Ki Sabzi, Egg Burrito, Spanish Omelette Sandwich, Choorma, French Fries, Egg Salad with Tomato and Avocado|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Daniel Day Lewis, Marlon Brando, Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress(s)||Cate Blanchet|
|Favourite Movie(s)||Ghulami, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster|
|Favourite Director(s)||Ram Gopal Varma, Prawaal Raman|
|Favourite Music||Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Himachal Pradesh, Pune New York, Australia, China,|
Randeep Hooda Social Media Profiles
Facebook: Randeep Hooda
Randeep Hooda Facts
- Randeep had to stay away from his parents and spent his childhood with a strict maternal grandmother.
- He had been interested in acting since childhood and actively participated in theatre plays while in boarding school.
- His parents wanted him to pursue academics and become a doctor, but Randeep’s heart was always with acting.
- He eventually moved to Australia to complete his further studies. Although he failed in the first year, his hard work paid off. He completed his master’s in Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- Due to the rigorous environment at home, he grew full of rage and frustration and even indulged in habits like smoking and drinking alcohol. He once admitted during an interview that he was given the title “Randeep Don” back in his school farewell due to his rowdy personality.
- He comes from a Jat family, and being a ‘Jat boy’ made him even more potent among his peers.
- He did many odd jobs during his stay in Australia. He served as a waiter, did car-washing, and worked as a beach lifeguard and taxi driver to meet his ends.
- Randeep also tried his hand at journalism. He wrote at Asian Correspondent as a guest in 2009, and in 2011 he wrote blogs for Hindustan Times.
- One of his best qualities is that he never backs down from taking on challenging roles in films. His boldness in choosing to play a gay husband in ‘Bombay Talkies’ or even a broken husband in ‘Jism 2’ is astounding. His finesse is remarkable in both of the movies.
- Randeep is most likely the only Bollywood actor who regularly competes in professional equestrian sports such as show jumping and polo. He has also won several medals in these competitions.
- Randeep was ranked seventh in a global online survey conducted by IMDb (Internet Movie Database) of the “20 sexiest men in the world.”
- Randeep is known for his perfectionist nature and versatility. He gets into the role of any character efficiently, which everyone witnessed in Sarbjit (2016). His transformation in this movie was shocking; Randeep lost 18 kgs in 28 days for Sarbjit.
- According to reports, he dated former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen for two years, from 2006 to 2008. They met on the sets of ‘Karma Aur Choli’ and fell in love. Randeep later admitted that they were no longer in a relationship. He needed to focus more on his career and channel his energy into his goals post-break-up.
- Randeep Hooda has actively participated in charitable activities. He participated in anti-suicide initiatives with Imtiaz Ali and Rahul Bose, cleaned Mumbai beaches, donated to Khalsa Aid, and so on. He participated in a charity fashion show for Kapil Dev’s NGO to help poor communities in India.
- Randeep regards Naseeruddin Shah as a mentor. He once said, “He’s an inspiration and somebody who has helped nurture me as an actor, not necessarily my career but my craft. He’s also the one who opened my eyes to the world of acting.”
Randeep Hooda Controversy
Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda has found himself in the middle of an unexpected controversy, with people demanding his arrest and even tagging him as “casteist” and “sexist.”
On May 25th, 2021, a Twitter user shared an old clip from a chat show attended by Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda. Hooda makes an inappropriate, sexist joke about former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati in the video.
The user chastised Hooda for his inappropriate joke and commented, “If this does not explain how casteist and sexist this society is, especially towards Dalit women, I don’t know what will. the ‘joke’, the audacity, the crowd. Randeep Hooda, a top Bollywood actor talking about a Dalit woman, who has been the voice of the oppressed (sic).”
Many people were offended by the video and demanded that Hooda apologise to Mayawati. Then, on Thursday, May 27th, Hooda posted a cryptic message on social media. He shared a photo of a tiger with a quote from The Jungle Book by Sher Khan: “No matter how fast you run, no matter where you hide, I will catch you.”
Some of Randeep Hooda’s most devoted fans rushed to his defence. Others, however, were not amused by the cryptic post and demanded that the actor apologise for trash-talking about a woman who has fought and battled numerous odds to get where she is.
The hashtag #ArrestRandeepHooda began trending on Twitter post the backlash Randeep received. The Secretariat of the Convention for the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), the environmental treaty of the United Nations, issued a statement announcing Hooda’s removal as its ambassador in the aftermath of his remarks.
“The CMS Secretariat finds the comments made in the video to be offensive, and they do not reflect the values of the CMS Secretariat or the United Nations,” the statement read. Hooda hasn’t released any statement about it.