Shereen Bhan was born on 20th August 1976 and is currently 46 years old (as of 2023). Presently, she has been working with CNBC TV18 since September 2013. She is also known as the co-author of a book named ‘Young Turks: Inspiring Stories of Tech Entrepreneurs (English).’ But, before joining CNBC TV18, she worked with SAB TV, UTV, and Star TV.
Shereen Bhan Biography
Born on 20th August 1976, Shereen Bhan was nurtured in a Kashmiri family belonging to the Bhan clan. While she completed her early education at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kashmir, followed by Air Force Bal Bharati School in New Delhi, she graduated from St. Stephen’s College in Delhi. Later, she completed her Master’s Degree in Communication Studies from Pune University.
After completing her higher studies, Shereen started working with Karan Thapar as a news researcher. A bit later, she started her journey with UTV and produced a show named ‘We the People’. However, she started working with CNBC TV18 in September 2013. When she joined the news channel team, she took up the responsibility of being an anchor and an editor. In addition to anchoring many shows, she was known for presenting the ground events of the news channel.
|Managing Editor and Anchor
|46 years old (as of 2023)
|Date of Birth
|20th August 1976
|Height in Centimetres
|Height in Metres
|Height in Feet
|5 feet 5 inches
|Weight in Kg
Also Read: Sonia Shenoy
Family and Education
Born on 20th August 1976 in Kashmir, Shereen Bhan was raised in a Hindu family. Her father was a fighter pilot when she was nurtured in the family. However, there’s less information about her mother and her siblings.
Shereen completed her early education at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Kashmir, and Air Force Bal Bharati School (AFBBS) in New Delhi. Later, she completed her graduated from St. Stephen’s College in Delhi. When she completed her graduation, she attained a degree in Philosophy.
Moreover, she pursued her Master’s Degree in Communication Studies from Pune University. As she was moving ahead with her post-graduation, she took film and television as her subject of specialization.
|Shereen’s Mother’s name
|Yet to Update
|Shereen’s Father’s name
|Yet to Update
|Yet to Update
|Shereen’s Husband’s name
|Yet to Update
|Yet to Update
|Kendriya Vidyalaya & Air Force Bal Bharati School
|St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
Soon after joining CNBC TV18, Shereen got married to a well-settled man. However, the relationship with her husband didn’t last long, so they divorced. As she ended the relationship with her husband, she didn’t reveal anything about the reason for the divorce. But rumors are spreading about the fact that the managing director of CNBC, Mr Udayan Chaudhary, was the person to create a rift between them.
Beyond the facts stated above, Shereen Bhan was also in a relationship with Rajveer Durrani while studying at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu. But both of them broke up when Shereen Bhan shifted to Delhi.
Shereen Bhan Career
Shereen has been working in journalism for 20 years. Through the years, she has spent 14 years keeping track of corporate and policy news that has already defined the business world. Soon after completing her education, Shereen started working with Karan Thapar as a news researcher for Infotainment Television. Later, Shereen joined the team of UTV and was the producer of a show named “We The People” for channels like SAB TV and Star TV. But, as she continued pacing ahead in her career, she began her journey with CNBC TV18 in September 2013. At the same time, she played the prime responsibility of presenting news stories that have redefined the Indian Economy. Beyond this experience, Shereen has also conducted interviews with many personalities in politics and business.
As Shereen continues to work with CNBC TV18, she also works as an Anchor and an Editor for the longest show, ‘Young Turks.’ Besides, the news anchor is also the host of the show, ‘Overdrive.’ This show won the award for three years, following one after the other. Apart from everything else, this news anchor was also the head of the team that carries out special feature programming. During that period, she worked closely with the team to present the programs ‘What Women Really Want’ and ‘Ministers of Change.’
Besides her usual roles, Shereen is known as the anchor and the producer for numerous shows. These include Power Turks, India Business Hour, Young Turks, and The Nation’s Business. In addition, Shereen is known for presenting the ground events of the news channel. These include CNBC Industry Vectors and Managing India Brainstorm. When Shereen was appointed as the Managing Editor, she took up the responsibility as soon as Udayan Mukherjee stepped down.
Shereen Bhan Accomplishments
As far as Shereen Bhan’s accomplishments are concerned, she was honored with the ‘Best Business Talk Show’ award for two years consecutively. Moreover, after observing her immense contribution to journalism, she got the ‘FICCI Woman of the Year award in April 2005.
As she paced ahead in her career, she was also selected as the ‘Young Global Leader’ by the team of the World Economic Forum. On the other hand, she got awarded for being the Best Business Anchor at a certain event in 2013.
In addition to many awards, Shereen was listed under 20 beautiful faces in the September 2005 issue of the magazine Femina. People also featured this news anchor on the cover page of the December 2008 issue of Verve. Furthermore, the news anchor was recognized for her presentation skills in 2021 as she was nominated by India Business Hour for the 26th Asian Television Awards. Recently, Shereen was selected among the most influential women of IMPACT. The entire team thought about stating her name under the ‘Marketing & Advertising’ list in 2018.
Shereen Bhan Salary, Net Worth
Shereen is known to be earning pretty well. Moreover, her net worth is estimated to be $1 million.
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees
|INR 8. 27 crores (estimated)
|Net Worth in Dollars
|$1 million (estimated)
|Shereen Bhan Salary
|Yet to Update
Social Media Profiles of Shereen Bhan
Like many professionals worldwide, Shereen keeps her social media followers updated with news. So, let’s check out her profiles to know what Shereen posts on different social media platforms.
Facts Regarding Shereen Bhan
- As Shereen embarked on her career, she always considered Raghav Bahl, the founder of TV18 as her mentor. As per an email interview with Shifra Meneze, she said she always got a chance to improve her skills through Raghav’s feedback.
- Shereen is always versatile in nature because she has worked with many news channels like CNN-IBN, South Asia World, CNBC Awaaz, and Network 18.
- Apart from presenting the news on television, Shereen has conducted many interviews with personalities like Azim Premji, Richard Branson, Benazir Bhutto, and Bill Gates. Moreover, she has always been a moderator for a fireside chat with Bill Gates. While she was moving ahead with the virtual conversation, both discussed ‘Building Infrastructure for Resilience.’
- In addition to performing well, Shereen was also known as the topper while studying at college. She was also active during her school and college days.
- Shereen thought about pursuing a career in broadcast journalism while pursuing her Master’s Degree. While working as an intern with Vir Sanghvi and Sidhartha Basu for some months, she decided to move into presenting news.
- Shereen is the co-author of a book named ‘Young Turks: Inspiring Stories of Tech Entrepreneurs (English).’ While she assisted Syna Dehnugara, she presented her insights pretty well into the start-ups of the current era.
- Initially, Shereen had thought about becoming a doctor. But, after working closely with her aunt at her nursing home, she realized that she must accomplish something else in life. Later, when she started studying at the college, she thought about doing something creative like documentary filmmaking. Hence, when pursuing her Master’s Degree, she moved ahead with an internship for the show, ‘A Question of Answers.’
- Narayan Murthy has always admired Shereen and has considered her one of his daughters. While he has been the mentor for Infosys, she has observed how Shereen has grown into the finest business anchor.
- Raghav Bahl, the Managing Director of TV18 Group, has already interviewed Shereen for her role. According to him, the news anchor is considered to be ‘Ms. Reliable.