John David Roberts, a Canadian-American journalist, is widely recognized as a prominent Fox News anchor.
Roberts has had a successful and versatile career in the field of journalism. He has also worked with CNN and CBS prior to working with FOX. With his extensive experience and expertise, he has covered significant events, reported on politics, and served as a White House correspondent. Let’s delve into the details of John Roberts’s career and personal life.
John Roberts Wiki & Early Life
John Roberts was born on 15th November 1956, (Age: 67 years), he was born in Toronto, Ontario, and currently holds dual citizenship in Canada and America.
|John David Roberts
|J. D. Roberts
|News Reporter, Journalist, TV Anchor
|Date of Birth
|15th November 1956
|United States of America
John Roberts’s Wife and Twins
After the dissolution of his marriage to his high school sweetheart in 2008, John Roberts embarked on a new romantic journey and revealed his engagement to Kyra Phillips on April 25, 2010.
Kyra Phillips, a renowned journalist in her own right, had previously been married to John Assad from 2000 to 2008.
John Roberts and Kyra Phillips welcomed their twins, Sage Ann and Kellan Clay, into the world. The twins were born in March 2011, and their arrival brought immense joy to the couple.
Sage Ann, the firstborn, made her entrance into the world at 12:03 a.m., weighing a healthy 5 lbs., 15 oz. Just two minutes later, at 12:05 a.m., Kellan Clay joined his sister, also weighing 5 lbs., 15 oz. The twins’ birth brought an overwhelming sense of happiness and fulfillment to John Roberts and Kyra Phillips.
While the couple has shared some information about their twins, they prefer to keep their children’s lives away from the limelight. As a result, not much information is publicly available regarding Sage Ann and Kellan Clay. However, it is admirable that John Roberts and Kyra Phillips prioritize their children’s privacy and maintain a sense of normalcy for them.
John Roberts is among those media personalities who despite being in the limelight likes to keep their personal life private. Hence there is no information about his family. Information such as his father’s name and his mother’s name is not known, this information is under review and will be updated soon.
The information that is available about his family is that At an early stage of his life, John Roberts experienced the loss of his father, and it was later reported that his mother passed away around 2010.
He has two siblings, a brother and a sister, about whom limited information is available.
|Father: Yet to Update
Mother: Yet to Update
|Daughter: Sage Ann Roberts
Son: Kellan Clay Roberts
John Roberts Education
John Roberts pursued his education at esteemed institutions, shaping his academic and intellectual foundation. He began his educational journey at Erindale Secondary School, where he received a comprehensive high school education. Following that, he transferred to Lorne Park Secondary School, further expanding his knowledge and skills.
Continuing his pursuit of higher education, John Roberts enrolled at the University of Toronto’s Erindale College. At the university, he delved into various subjects, fostering a well-rounded academic experience. After graduating in 1978, Roberts emerged from the university with a solid educational background and the necessary qualifications to embark on his career in journalism.
John Roberts has had a diverse and accomplished career in the field of journalism, spanning various roles and networks.
Let’s take a closer look at his notable career journey.
- Roberts began his career in radio at CFRE-FM in Mississauga, Ontario.
- He worked as a reporter and news anchor at CFOS in Owen Sound, Ontario, in 1975.
- Roberts also worked as a newsman and DJ at CHYM in Kitchener before joining CJBK in London, Ontario, in 1977.
- Later, he moved back to Toronto to work as a weekday evening disc jockey at CHUM, using the on-air name J.D. Roberts.
CITY-TV and MuchMusic
- In 1979, Roberts co-hosted the music newsmagazine show, The NewMusic, on CITY-TV with Jeanne Beker until 1985.
- He served as an entertainment reporter for CITY-TV and occasionally filled in on the local music video show, Toronto Rocks.
- Roberts joined Canada’s music channel, MuchMusic, in 1984, co-hosting various programs, including The Power Hour.
CITY-TV’s CityPulse and WCIX
- Roberts anchored CityPulse at CITY-TV in 1987 and became the anchor of CityPulse Tonight at the 10 pm slot.
- Between 1989 and 1990, he worked as an anchor/reporter for WCIX (now WFOR-TV), the CBS-owned television station in Miami, Florida.
CTV and CBS
- Roberts returned to Canada in 1990 to co-host the national morning show, Canada AM, on CTV.
- In 1992, he moved to CBS News in New York, initially anchoring the CBS Morning News and later serving as a news reader and substitute anchor for CBS This Morning and The Early Show.
- Roberts anchored the newscasts at CBS’s flagship station, WCBS-TV, in New York from 1994 to 1995.
- From 1995 to 2006, he anchored the CBS Sunday Evening News and also served as the CBS chief White House Correspondent.
CNN and Fox News
- In 2006, Roberts joined CNN, reporting from various locations, including the front lines during the Israel/Hezbollah war.
- Roberts anchored American Morning on CNN from 2007 to 2010.
- In 2011, he joined Fox News as a national correspondent based in Atlanta.
- Roberts became the chief White House correspondent for Fox News in January 2017, covering the activities of US President Donald Trump.
- He currently anchors the show “America Reports” from 1-3 pm.
Throughout his career, John Roberts has covered significant events, received multiple awards, and held key positions in major news networks, contributing to the field of journalism with his expertise and dedication.
John Roberts Networth, Salary
|Net Worth in Dollars
|$ 5 Million
John Roberts Height
|In centimeters: 180 cm
In meters: 1.8 m
In Inches: 5 feet 11 Inches
John Roberts Health
Fox News anchor John Roberts bravely opened up about his recent health challenges, shedding light on a personal journey that unfolded in February 2022. During a heartfelt disclosure on the news program “American Reports,” Roberts revealed his experience of undergoing a heart procedure and subsequently receiving a pacemaker.
In a candid clip released by Fox News, Roberts shared that he made the difficult decision to temporarily step away from the show due to his declining health. Recognizing the importance of transparency, he expressed that he had been grappling with health issues for some time, prompting him to seek medical attention.
Roberts disclosed that a stent, initially placed in his heart in 2018, had unfortunately become obstructed once again. As a result, medical professionals performed a procedure to reopen the blocked artery, ensuring the restoration of proper blood flow. Furthermore, he disclosed that during this medical intervention, it was also discovered that the electrical circuitry of his heart was deteriorating. To address this, Roberts underwent the implantation of a pacemaker, providing him with the necessary support to regulate his heartbeat.
By sharing his personal health journey, John Roberts demonstrates his commitment to raising awareness and fostering open conversations about health challenges. His bravery in discussing his own experiences serves as an inspiration to many facing similar difficulties, encouraging them to prioritize their well-being and seek appropriate medical care.
Awards & Achievements
- Recipient of multiple awards throughout his career, including an Emmy, a New York Press Club award, and three national Emmy Awards.
- Recognized for his exceptional coverage of events such as the Atlanta Olympic bombing, the death of Princess Diana, and the TWA crash.
- Earned a National Headline Award for his reporting on the crisis along the Israeli-Lebanese border in 2006.
- Actively supports the Global Down Syndrome Foundation and emcees GLOBAL’s Washington, D.C., AcceptAbility Gala.
- Studied at the University of Toronto at Mississauga, enhancing his educational journey.
Fox News anchor John Roberts apologized to former New Jersey governor Chris Christie after making a comment about his weight during a segment on America Reports. While discussing Christie’s entry into the 2024 presidential race, Roberts compared Republican candidates to milkshakes, suggesting that Christie could consume a significant portion due to his physical stature. Recognizing the hurtful nature of his remarks, Roberts expressed remorse and acknowledged the impact of his words. He stated that his comment was meant to be light-hearted but quickly realized its insensitivity. Roberts concluded by offering a sincere apology to Governor Chris Christie for his inappropriate statement. Christie had recently announced his presidential bid, aiming to challenge Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.
John Roberts Social Media Profiles
John Roberts has 2 children with his wife, Kyra Phillips. Their names are Amelia and Ethan.
John Roberts has worked for Fox News since 2011. He is currently the co-anchor of America Reports.
John Roberts’ net worth is estimated to be around $ 5 Million.
John Roberts’ departure from CNN sparked speculation, but it was unrelated to any conflicts or animosity. Contrary to rumors, his move to Fox News was driven by personal reasons rather than professional disagreements. Roberts made the switch to be closer to his fiancé, who was employed at CNN’s headquarters, and he found a position in Atlanta with Fox News to accommodate their relationship.