Rahul Kanwal age is 43 years. He is an Indian news anchor, who was born on 14th September 1980 in Deolali, Maharashtra. Virgo is the Zodiac Sign of Rahul Kanwal, and his religion is Hinduism and is of Indian origin.
He is an Indian television journalist and the News Director of India Today. On weekdays, he hosts the prime-time show Newstrack, and on India Today, he hosts the interview-based show Jab We Met.
In a prolific 23-year career, Rahul Kanwal has led India’s most-watched English and Hindi news channels and is one of India’s most renowned journalists. He completed his graduation from Cardiff University.
Biography of Rahul Kanwal
|Real Full Name
|Full Name in Hindi
|Age (as of 2022)
|Date of Birth
|14th September 1980
|Birth Place/ Home Town
|The India Today Group Mediaplex Fc-8, Sector – 16a, Film City, Noida – 201301
|Deolali, Maharashtra, India
|Degree in Mass Communication
Also Check: India Today News Channel Anchors Name List
Rahul Kanwal Height, Physical Stats
|Height in centimetres
|Height in meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 5.7 inches
|Weight in Kilograms
|Weight in Pounds
Rahul Kanwal Father, Family, and Wife
Rahul Kanwal wife name is Jasleen Dhanota (Married in 2011). He is father of One son (Neevan). Rahul and his wife are having a good time with their son.
Rahul’s father, Brig Gurmeet Kanwal is a writer and thinker. His younger brother resides in London.
This tweet is by Rahul Kanwal “Remembering my father, the late Brig Gurmeet Kanwal on his birth anniversary.”
Rahul Kanwal Salary, Net Worth
Rahul Kanwal monthly salary is 10 Lakhs and his annual salary is 1 Crore +, and Rahul Kanwal net worth is estimated to be $1 Million (in Indian Rupees 7.5 Crore).
|Net Worth (2022)
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees
|7.5 Crore in Indian Rupees
|Monthly Income And Salary
|10 Lakhs +
|1 Crore +
Rahul Kanwal Family Background and Upbringing
Rahul Kanwal is one of India’s most popular news editors and anchors, and his work has been recognised throughout the country. He has also received numerous international awards. He has made numerous real estate investments and has substantial personal wealth. As a result, we can be confident that Rahul Kanwal net worth will continue to rise over time.
- Rahul began his career as a news anchor. Initially, he began to work in Zee News as a news anchor. After working at Zee News for a couple of years, he joined Aaj Tak.
- After signing with Aaj Tak, he began to host many news shows and became popular around the country.
- Currently, he holds the position of Managing Editor India Today.
- He serves as Editor At-Large, AajTak & Headlines Today at TV Today Network Limited. Besides this, he serves as the Anchor of the Newsroom and SeedhiBaat.
- Rahul relishes conceptualising and developing disruptive editorial products at the cutting-edge of innovative story-telling. He built India Today Group’s Data Intelligence Unit (DIU), Anti-Fake News War-Room (AFWA) for fact-checking and pioneered the Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) reportage in India.
- When Indian journalism is deeply divided along political, religious, and ideological lines, Rahul represents a centrist view who questions everything, takes no prisoners, and reports without fear or favor style of journalism.
Rahul Kanwal Controversy
- Rahul Kanwal is an Indian journalist and the host of the India Today TV news show India at 9. He has been a journalist for over two decades and is known for his forthright views on Indian politics.
BJP supporters accusing us of being pro-Congress. Congress supporters fuming that we are pro-BJP. At least make up your minds. Both charges can’t be true at the same time. Reflects your political bias much more than ours. Fact is, neither party is smelling of roses.— Rahul Kanwal (@rahulkanwal) May 15, 2018
- He began his career in the television industry in 1991 as a reporter for NDTV and later worked for BBC World Service, STAR News, NDTV 24×7, and BBC News Channel.
- He returned to NDTV as a political correspondent in 2009. In 2013, he became an anchor for the TV news channel India Today’s show India at 9.
- In 2007, he was appointed editor-in-chief of India’s leading Hindi news channel Aaj Tak. He has been in the news for his controversial statements on Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- You are a shameless man”: Congress spokesperson lashes out at India Today’s Rahul Kanwal, walks off the LIVE TV show. Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera lashed out at India Today’s Rahul Kanwal during a debate on the reported incursion of the Chinese troops in the Galwan valley. India Today anchor and Khera accused each other of being a Chinese agent as the Congress spokesperson walked out of the LIVE debate.
- Rahul was once dragged into a controversy with Barkha Dutt and Rajdeep Sardesai after they covered the news of ongoing unrest in Kashmir.
- In 2019, Kanwal interviewed India’s union minister Piyush Goyal, where he questioned the minister over the Balakot strikes. He was criticised for simulating a skirmish between CRPF and Naxal insurgents in his TV show.
- He later received much criticism for his statement on the news. Besides, there are no false rumours regarding his personal and professional life.
Rahul Kanwal Lifestyle
|Does Rahul Kanwal Consume Alcohol?
|Not Sure Yet
|Does Rahul Kanwal Smoke Cigarettes?
|Not Sure Yet
|Is Rahul Kanwal, Swims?
|Not Sure Yet
|Will he Drive?
|Is Rahul Kanwal, Yoga Practitioner?
|Is Rahul Kanwal a Jogger?
Hobbies and Interests
|Rahul Kanwal’s Hobbies
Favourite Things of Rahul Kanwal
|Yet To Update
|Yet To Update
|Oval Kumquat, Redcurrant
|Yet To Update
|Italy and San Jose, Costa Rica
|Rahul Kanwal’s Favourite Colour
|Lemon lime,Kelly green,
Rahul Kanwal Social Media Platform Profile
Social Media Profiles of Rahul Kanwal. He is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram because he is a social addict who enjoys interacting with his fans.
Rahul Kanwal Instagram Profile
Rahul Kanwal Twitter Profile
Rahul Kanwal Facebook Page
Rahul Kanwal Facebook followers 1.3 million and is most interactive in his Facebook page.
Rahul Kanwal Facts
- Rahul’s spouse Jasleen Dhanota works as a Communication for Growth & Leisure Training Specialist for UNICEF.
- Rahul Kanwal is the News Director of India Today, and Aaj Tak and the Executive Director of Business Today.
- In 2021, he took on additional responsibilities for the business and editorial functions of Business Today, a venerable 30-year-old business news brand. Rahul has helped bring together a team of best-in-class editors, reporters, and business leaders who are driving Business Today’s digital pivot in a short period of time.
- He leads a team of 500+ reporters who curate stories, which reach more than 400 million people every month.
- Rahul is an alumnus of the Harvard Business School (HBS) in Boston and has been a Chevening fellow for broadcast journalism at Cardiff University in the United Kingdom.
Rahul Kanwal Awards
- In 2013 and 2017 Rahul Kanwal was awarded the best Anchor at the International Television Academy Awards.
- Zee information honoured him by presenting him with the Young Information Anchor Award.
- In 2015 he was awarded the Padma Shri by President Pranab Mukherjee for his contribution to journalism and broadcasting.
- In 2016 Kanwal was awarded the National annual award as part of the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation.
- At this time, Rahul Kanwal is the host of a debate known as News Room broadcasting in India. In 2017, News Room present acquired the Best Information Present Of The Year award.
- In 2017 he acquired Norwegian citizenship after living in Norway for over 10 years.
- In 2019, he was awarded by Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards under the category of the best Anchor.
- Rahul anchors India Today TV’s flagship prime-time weekday broadcast, Newstrack, which airs at 8 PM. He is the winner of 10 Exchange4Media News Broadcasting Awards, two Indian Television Academy Awards and four News Television Awards.