Shams Tahir Khan was born on 2nd January 1991, is 33 years old, and is currently working as News Anchor/Journalist for AajTak.
Shams began his career in journalism in Hindi daily ‘Jansatta’ in 1993 as a crime reporter. There he worked for 7 years.
He also appeared as a crime journalist in crime shows like ‘Jurm'(2003), ‘Vardaat’ (2004), and Raaz (2005) shows aired by Aajtak.
Sham’s career took off from the crime show ‘Vardaat’ (2004) of Aajtak, and his news anchoring from this show gained immense popularity and recognition in the Indian Journalism world and among common audiences as well.
Shams Tahir Khan Wiki
Shams Tahir Khan was born in New Delhi in a typical Muslim family. Shams completed his schooling at Anglo Arabic Secondary school in New Delhi.
Later he pursued his bachelor’s in political science from the prestigious Delhi University. Sham’s Zodiac sign is Capricorn. Shams is working as a Senior Executive Editor, head of Delhi Aajtak, and also the anchor for AajTak.
|Shams Tahir Khan
|Date of birth
|2nd January 1991
|Yet to Update
|Height in centimetres
|In Centimetres: 173 cm
In Meters: 1.73 m
In Inches: 5’8″
Early Life and Family
Gaurav C Sawant is married to Savitri Balooni, a teacher specializing in teaching journalism by profession. Savitri also adopted a village, Bhaisonda, Almora, in Uttarakhand.
Shams has one daughter, Shamsvi Balooni Khan.
|Anglo Arabic Secondary school (New Delhi).
|BA (hons) In political science
|Yet to Update
|Yet to Update
|Savitri Balooni Khan
|Shamsvi Balooni Khan
Shams Tahir Khan Salary, Net Worth
|$4 million (estimated)
|Net worth in Indian Rupee
|INR 32 crores (estimated)
Favorite Things of Shams Tahir Khan
Career, Show and Awards
Shams Tahir Khan started his career as a reporter in Hindi daily “Jansatta” in 1993, where he worked for 7 years. Later he decided to quit his job. Shams Tahir Khan joined India Today Ltd.( AajTak) in 2000.
This was just the beginning of a new era of crime anchoring on television and Mass Media. The anchoring of Shams gave new height to crime shows, which got piled below most other shows.
Due to his immense hard work, these shows started to consolidate their foothold among the common audiences. Shams designed “Jurm”, a weekend crime show broadcasted on Aajtak. Later he anchored the “Vardaat” (2004), a daily crime show on Aajtak, which gave him huge popularity and recognition among the common audiences.
Before these two shows, no crime shows were broadcasted on Indian Mass Media channels. These two shows paved the way for the concept and format for other channels’ crime shows.
Later under his guidance, Aajtak also started a daily crime half an hour show, “Raaz”, on Aajtak.
Shams Tahir Khan is the only person who interviewed the Afzal guru, which was broadcasted on the Aajtak channel on 20th December 2001.
Shams Tahir Khan received Mumbai Press Club Red Ink Award for his “excellence in the Crime shows anchoring“. Shams received this award in 2015. Shams also received an Award (NT Award) for his crime series “koi Lauta De Mere…..” show.
Social Media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
|@Crime Tak – Shams Tahir Khan
Facts on Shams Tahir Khan
- Shams Tahir Khan’s widespread popularity for his crime anchoring led him to popular Indian television comedy and drama sets. Shams appeared in a TV comedy show called ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ (2015) as a guest, hosted by popular Indian television comedians like Krushna Abhishek, Bharti Singh, Sudesh Lehri etc.
- Shams Tahir Khan is not only a crime expert but also a very educated person. He appeared as an expert in various episodes of ”Kaun Banega Crorepati’, the show hosted by the most influential actor in the Indian Cinema Universe, Amitabh Bachchan.
- Sham’s way of anchoring drew many influential people’s attention. This also led him to co-host the popular Indian TV crime show’ Crime Patrol’ in the special series of ’30 din 30 Naye cases and Anup Soni. The Crime Patrol is one of the known television series broadcasted on Sony India Television, which Anup Soni hosts.
- Shams Tahir Khan also appeared in documentaries like ‘ My mourning has no names’ and ‘ Listen to the voice of Ayudhya’. Shams also made documentaries on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, a documentary on the Bhopal gas tragedy’ Ask Bhopal’, and on the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi’ Hey Ram’, which led him to many awards.
- Shams Tahir Khan also received the ENBA Award for anchoring from ground zero in Mosul during the Syrian Civil War.
His net worth is estimated to be approximately $4 million, however, his salary is not known.
Shams Tahir Khan is a popular Indian journalist and anchor/reporter in the genre of crime reporting.