Amish Devgan was born on 1st March 1980 and is 43 years. While he is working with News 18 India, he has worked with Zee Media for quite some time.
Amish Devgan Biography
Amish Devgan has always earned recognition and fame while playing his role with News 18 India. He is also known for hosting the ‘Aar Paar’ show on IBN7.
|Full Name||Amish Devgan|
|Date of Birth||1st March, 1980|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
Even when Amish is quite busy with his routine, he still moves around with a good personality. This news anchor is 5 feet 7 inches tall, and his weight is equal to 68 kg. Additionally, his chest measures 38 inches, his waist is 33 inches, and his biceps are 12 inches.
|Height in centimetres||173 cm|
|Height in metres||1.73 m|
|Height in feet||5 ft. 7 inches|
|Weight in pounds||150 pounds|
Family And Education
Born on 1st March 1980, Amish Devgan was brought up in a Hindu family. Moreover, he has always looked up to his father, Pervesh Kr Devgan and his mother with respect. As he started growing up, his parents always supported his ambitions and what he wanted to pursue in life. Apart from everything else, Amish belongs to the Saraswat Brahmins caste, which you will find near Punjab.
As far as Amish’s education is concerned, he completed his early education at a school in Delhi. A bit later, he finished his Diploma in Mass Communication from Delhi University. Presently, the news anchor lives with his family in Noida.
|Amish’s Mother’s Name||Not Known|
|Amish’s Father’s Name||Pervesh Kr Devgan|
|Amish’s Siblings||Not Known|
|Qualification||Diploma in Mass Communication|
Married Life of Amish
As Amish started pacing ahead in his career, he married Kanika Sharma. While both the husband and wife lead a happy life, they also nurture a young son and an adorable daughter.
Career of Amish Devgan
Soon after completing his studies, Amish started working as a desk reporter with Hindustan Times. But, after gaining experience, he started working with Zee Cinema in 2014. Initially, he started working as a business reporter, but later, he was promoted to the position of Editor-in-Chief. After leaving his job at Zee Media, he later started working in 2016 as a news anchor and an executive director with IBN 7. As time passed, the news anchor became quite popular when he presented the ‘Aar Paar’ debate show on News 18 India. He is also famous for the show, ‘Takkar’, owing to his presentation skills.
Accomplishments of Amish
Due to his personality and presentation skills, Amish has won many awards. Apart from receiving the IMF Young Emerging Editors Award in 2015, he was also honoured with the Srishti Award for business journalism. In 2016, Amish also received the award for setting the Power Brand Trend.
News and Controversies
- When Amish Devgan was hosting the show, ‘Aar Paar’ on 1st May 2020, people filed a complaint with the police department. This complaint was because of spreading fake news and claiming that Muslims are offering namaz at the Kurla Masjid. This eventually hurt the feelings of the Muslim community. While a dispute occurred on 29th April, the news anchor shot the video on 1st May. On the other hand, the news anchor stated that the fight happened on the same day. But, the location, the Wafati lane area, was not beside Kurla Masjid. In the end, the INTUC and the Public Care Foundation thought of imposing Section 124(a) and Section 295(a) on the news presenter for speaking unauthentic news.
- As per the news published in ‘The Free Press Journal’, people have registered many FIRs on the news anchor. The individuals said that he had insulted a Sufi Saint, Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, when he was live on television. Moreover, people also thought about registering an online complaint at the police station in Bandra. But, this news anchor was already facing an FIR in Rajasthan because of his comments against the saint. Ultimately, Amish was accused of affecting religious feelings as per the clauses of IPC section 295 (A). With this in mind, Amish apologized on Twitter and said he was referring to Alauddin Khilji, one of the Muslim rulers. He also said that he ended up stating the name of Chisti, known as ‘Khwaja Gareeb Nawaaz’. As time passed, the news anchor stated that he had approached the saint to seek his blessings in the past.
- In March 2019, Amish was accused of stating the name of the Congress President, Rahul Gandhi, for selecting Waynad as the second seat. He thought about choosing the Indian district in Kerala because fewer Hindus were staying in that region. On the contrary, people observed the population in that district to be around eight lakhs. But, as they considered the number of Hindus, they were equivalent to nearly 50 percent of the overall population. In such a situation, many users of social media criticized Amish for purposely building mischief just to communalize the elections. It seemed that the news anchor supported the RSS and the BJP.
- While Amish continued to host the show, ‘Aar Paar’, many people came across an edited image with false claims. The image depicted that the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, was involved in the death of the Chief, Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi. But, after going through the news, it was found that the Chief was the sole cause of his death. This incident occurred when he ran into a tunnel with the US military operation in the northwestern region of Syria.
Amish Devgan Net Worth
While this news anchor started gaining experience in journalism, he drew a decent salary from the news channels. Beyond this, the news anchor’s net worth is estimated at around Rs. 7 crores. Besides, he also has a luxurious house in the city he has been staying.
|Net Worth in INR||Rs. 7 crores (estimated)|
|Net Worth in USD||0.8 million USD (estimated)|
Hobbies And Interests
Whenever Amish has free time, he loves reading books of different genres. Moreover, if he has taken a break across numerous days, he plans to go on a holiday. This news anchor also likes to listen to songs and is fond of cricket. When he watches Bollywood movies, he has always appreciated the acting skills of actors Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar. According to an Instagram post, Amish has loved reading the book, ‘War of Lanka’.
Social Media Profiles
Like many people worldwide, Amish often updates his social media followers about what’s happening in his life. So, let’s scroll ahead to know more about his posts on different social media platforms.
On Facebook, Amish posts more about videos and what viewers can expect in the show, ‘Aar Paar’ at 6:57 pm. Apart from this, you will also come across many posts which depict Amish celebrating festivals.
When you observe Amish’s profile on Twitter, you will view posts regarding the news across India. In addition, you will also find some posts that represent what people will view in the show, ‘Aar Paar’.
If you scroll through Amish’s Instagram account, you will observe many posts on current affairs. Some Instagram posts also depict his homage to the god and goddesses of India.
Facts Regarding Amish Devgan
- Apart from delivering news on News 18 Media, Amish also writes news articles in Hindi. You will find some of his recent articles once you visit the website Hindi News18 Besides you will also observe some of his articles on the official website of MUD RACK.
- As Amish’s shows are at par with the ones of Arnab Goswami, people sometimes call him ‘Gareebon Ka Arnab Goswami’.
- When Amish was live for a certain show, a member of the Congress Party, Rajiv Tyagi, abused Amish Devgan. He cast many aspersions and called the news anchor ‘Bhadwa’ and ‘Dalal’. This fact later became evident when a member of the BJP, Suresh Nakhua, uploaded a clip that depicted Rajiv hurling abuses.
- According to a photograph, Amish seems to be quite religious and pious. Moreover, he also likes to wear informal clothes apart from the ones that he wears most of the time.
- Soon after using a disparaging term for a Sufi Saint, people filed seven FIRs against Amish. Surprisingly, these FIRs were filed in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Telangana. The accusations were as per the clauses of Sections 153B, 295A, 298 of the Indian Penal Code, and Section 66F of the IT Act 2000.
As Amish was born on 1st March 1980 to a Hindu family, his current age is 43 years
Amish was born in a middle-class family settled in New Delhi.
Ravi Tyagi started calling Amish B and D in one of the live debates. Moreover, when Rajiv insulted him, Amish faced criticism on social media.
Amish has been working in journalism for more than five years. He started his career with Hindustan Times and then moved on with Zee Media and NDTV India.