When Kamal Khan passed away on Friday, 14th January, 2022, his age was 61 years old. During his career, Kamal was famous for his presentation and oratory skills. In addition to delivering the news confidently and diligently researching, he has also spoken during many events.
Biography of Kamal Khan
Kamal Khan was working with NDTV India as a Resident Editor. But, before starting his career, Kamal worked as a Russian translator. As time passed, he also found his strength in journalism, so he worked with channels like Nav Bharat and Dainik Jagran.
|Date of Birth
|Date of Death
|14th Jan, 2022
Kamal always appears professional and presentable, even when he is delivering speeches. While Kamal’s height is 5 feet 8 inches, his body weight equals 70 kg. As he is quite conscious about health, he has always tried to stay fit till his last breath. But, when Kamal’s friends and family members heard about the sudden demise, the news shocked them.
|Height in Centimetres
|Height in Metres
|Height in Feet
|5 ft. 8 inches
|Weight in Pounds
Also Check: NDTV India News Anchors List
Family and Education
Born in a middle-class Muslim family staying in Lucknow, Kamal Khan always shared a strong bond with his parents. But, while Kamal was studying in school, he lost his father. His mother later started nurturing Kamal Khan and supporting his ambitions. On the other hand, Kamal’s mother managed the household tasks during that period.
Regarding education, Kamal completed his early education at a school in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. A bit later, he pursued his Bachelor’s in Arts with Urdu as the major subject. Additionally, the news anchor also has a postgraduate degree in English Literature. Soon after completing his post-graduation, Kamal thought about pursuing Russian literature and language course. He successfully completed this course at the State University of Moscow, Russia.
|Kamal Mother’s Name
|Kamal Father’s Name
|Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
|Moscow State University
|B.A. Post graduation in English Literature, Language course in Russian
Late Kamal Khan had always shared a bond with his wife, Ruchi Kumar. His life partner currently works as a political leader and a reporter with India TV. Beyond this, Kamal Khan also cared for his son, Aman Khan. However, before passing away due to a heart attack, Kamal stayed with his family in Butler Colony, located in Lucknow District.
Kamal Khan Career
Soon after completing his course in the Russian language, Kamal initially started working as a Russian interpreter with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. Later, his actual journey began with the role of a reporter with the news channel Amrit Prabhat. He then started working with channels like Dainik Jagran and Navbharat Times. After gaining a lot of experience, he eventually joined NDTV India in 1995. Furthermore, the management team thought about giving a promotion to Kamal due to his style of delivering news. He was then offered the position of resident editor with the news channel.
Before experiencing the severity of the heart attack, Kamal Khan had gone live with the anchor, Naghma Sahar. While the show, ‘Prime Time’ progressed, he spoke about the Congress Party and the choice of selecting many women. A bit later, the journalist also spoke about entrenched misogyny with an example of his own. But, beyond everything else, Kamal presented the message clearly that day.
Through the years, Kamal Khan stood for journalism and old Lucknow before people started hating the city just for the sake of religion. Even today, Kamal is known for the PTCs (Pieces of Camera) and his impact on the audience. Apart from the usual responsibilities, Kamal also studied many religious books to speak more about society. People were also fascinated with the reports he presented regarding the disputes between Krishna and Ram. With a good command of the language and in-depth knowledge, Kamal delivered messages in detail and with elegance.
As Kamal Khan paced ahead in his career, he earned recognition for his reporting style and presentation skills. Apart from receiving the Ramnath Goenka Award, Kamal was also honored with the Ganesh Shankar Award. He also received the NT award for being the best TV reporter. Soon after Kamal had presented the documentary on environmental awareness, he was also felicitated for his work. Due to his immense contribution to journalism, Kamal received an award from the Federation of SAARC writers and Literature.
Kamal Khan Net Worth
Kamal Khan has always led a prosperous lifestyle. As he had been working with NDTV India for over 10 years, he drew a decent salary. Presently, Khan’s net worth is also estimated to be 2.5 million USD. Apart from this, Kamal also owns many properties and a luxury car.
|Net Worth in Dollar
|2.5 million USD (estimated)
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees
|Rs. 20.56 crores (estimated)
Hobbies And Interests
Kamal likes to read books when he is not busy with any important tasks or his daily schedule. Besides, he also likes to visit beautiful destinations if he has taken a long break. Apart from these interests, Kamal has a deep interest in calligraphy. In addition to journalism, he also likes landscaping, clay modelling, jewelry design, and architecture.
Social Media Profiles Of Kamal Khan
Like many news presenters, Kamal Khan also updates his social media pages with how he is moving ahead in life. So, let’s quickly go through his social media pages to know more about his interests.
Whenever you visit the Facebook page of Kamal, you will come across many images while he is traveling. Moreover, as Kamal has passed away, you will observe a note and a link to the YouTube video. This link will direct you to a video that depicts how a Kabir singer pays homage to the journalist.
On Instagram, Kamal Khan has not been active for a long time. But, when you go through the Instagram posts, you will know that he likes to be closer to nature’s beauty. Besides, he also likes to spend a marvellous time with his son.
If you go through Kamal’s profile on Twitter, you will observe many posts regarding political issues. He has presented his perceptions and views on numerous issues in India and worldwide.
Facts Regarding Kamal Khan
- Apart from presenting news on TV, Kamal has delivered a lecture on TEDx Talks. When he presented himself in 2018, he spoke about the reality of Peaceful Religious Coexistence.
- As Kamal had completed a course in Russian Philology, he writes and speaks the Russian language pretty well.
- Even when Kamal was busy with his schedule, he always used to be kind and liked to spare a lot of time with anybody.
- Besides delivering a speech at TEDx Talks, Kamal delivered a lecture to make people understand electronic media. During that period, he attended a five-day workshop that Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) had organized in 2018.
- Even when Kamal Khan had not considered pursuing a course in journalism, he still thought about progressing ahead as a journalist.
- While Kamal Khan was raised in a traditional Muslim family, his parents didn’t teach him Urdu. But, even when he lacked language communication skills, he pursued a B.A. in Urdu and learned calligraphy.
- When Kamal Khan was pursuing his graduation, he started learning more about the Punjabi language. After enhancing his language skills, he also translated the book named ‘Nabhiya Kalma.’ This book was written by the Indian novelist Amrita Pritam.
- Kamal Khan has always led a lifestyle of the rich class, and he owns real estate properties worth Rs. 10 lakhs. Moreover, he also owns ‘Maruti Suzuki,’ which is worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
- In addition to being a news presenter, Kamal Khan has also served as a mentor for Alok Pandey. According to this news reporter, Kamal played his role like ‘Lucknow ka baashinda.’
- After progressing in his career, Kamal developed the ability to calm the audience without using nonviolent language. Such temperament is evident from the social media post of Sushil Bahuguna.
- Soon after Kamal’s death, the sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik thought about making a sand sculpture in remembrance. While the residents of Varanasi lit many candles in respect, they also held a special aarti at a certain location. Besides, the journalist was also considered an icon of the Ganga-Jamuni tehzeeb.
- According to Rajdeep Sardesai, Kamal’s presentation in front of the camera closely resembled a Gulzar sonnet. Interestingly, Kamal didn’t think about indulging in drinks in his life even when Rajdeep had invited him to a press club in Lucknow.
- According to a statement of Ravish Kumar, Kamal used to work hard and spend the entire day to prepare for a report. He used to think deeply and go through a lot of information even when he had to prepare for a 2-minute report.
- As Kamal used to like to read many books at leisure, he also was engrossed in reading the Bhagwat Gita and Ramayan. Ravish Kumar also stated Kamal was not a journalist who would consider choosing lines from a book and make his report appealing. Furthermore, Kamal used to return back to his town from Varanasi with a huge pile of books.
- As per one of the last videos on scroll Kamal Khan had passed on certain comments highlighting the complexities of the BJP exodus.
- Unlike many news anchors, Kamal had the knack for finding poetry in politics. He was also good at ending a report with a Shayari in his mind. The journalist also liked to present quotes from the Quran with some lines from the Gita and the Ramayana.
- While Kamal was moving ahead with a long series on poor primary education in Uttar Pradesh, he primarily focused on the condition of the education system. Additionally, people also knew him well when he introduced sarcasm in his speech.
Kamal Khan is leading a happy married life with Ruchi Kumar. His wife is presently working as a Political Editor with India TV.
Kamal Khan died on 14th January 2022 and is no longer with us. While Mr. Khan was working with the NDTV India news channel before his death, he was a resident editor.
Kamal Khan has already passed away on 14th January 2022. While he died in Lucknow, a severe heart attack was the cause of his death.
Kamal Khan has been working in journalism for more than 10 years. But, before joining NDTV, Kamal had worked with many news channels like Amrit Prabhat, Dainik Jagran, and Navbharat Times.
Kamal Khan was 61 years old when he passed away at his residence in Lucknow.