Naghma Sahar Age
|Naghma Sahar Age
|Date of Birth
What is the age of Naghma Sahar?
As Naghma birthday is on 18th August 1973, she is 50 years. Before joining NDTV India, Naghma worked with channels like Asian Age and Aaj Tak.
Biography of Naghma Sahar
Naghma Sahar is presently working with NDTV India (TV Channel). Besides being a journalist, Naghma also conducts shows like ‘Salaam Zindagi’ and ‘Ran Neeti .’ Currently, she is also hosting the show, ‘Paanch Ki Baat.’
|Date of Birth
|18th August, 1973
Naghma Sahar always looks pretty confident, even when she has long hair. While her height is 5 feet 5 inches, her body weight equals 55 kg. Moreover, the journalist always exudes professionalism when she is dressed up in formal apparel.
|Height in Centimetres
|Height in Metres
|Height in Feet
|5 ft. 5 inches
Family And Education
Naghma was born on 18th August 1973 and raised in a traditional Muslim family. While staying in Patna, Bihar, she was nurtured with her two sisters, Sayema Sahar and Reshma Sahar.
Regarding her education, Naghma completed her studies at a school in Patna. Later, she moved ahead with a Master’s degree in Philosophy from the Delhi School of Economics. Besides she has also completed M.Phil. from Jawaharlal Nehru University.
However, the primary subjects for post-graduation and M.Phil. were quite different. While pursuing a post-graduation course, she considered Geography her major subject. On the contrary, Naghma considered a subject related to Gender and Nutrition when she was preparing for her M.Phil.
|Naghma Mother’s Name
|Naghma Father’s Name
|2 sisters- Sayema Sahar & Reshma Sahar
|Delhi School of Economics
Jawaharlal Nehru University
|Master’s in Philosophy
As soon as Naghma settled in her career, she married a well-settled man, Rajeev Srivastava. While the couple is presently staying in Noida, they are also nurturing a daughter, Ira Tazeen. But, as per a YouTube video, she was carrying on with a boy while studying in college. A bit later, Naghma couldn’t marry the boy owing to some barriers.
Naghma Sahar Career
Soon after completing her higher studies, Naghma started her career as a print journalist with Asian Age. After some time, she started working as a reporter in 1999. Naghma also covered some events when she was in Tamil Nadu for two weeks. Apart from covering more about the regions affected due to the Tsunami, Naghma was also responsible for covering the serial blasts across Mumbai.
The Kashmir Elections and the bus service from Delhi to Lahore are some other events that Naghma has covered earlier. Later, she started working with the Aaj Tak news channel and then thought about joining NDTV India in 2003. In fact, Naghma was one of the journalists Pranay Roy poached when he commenced his journey with NDTV.
Besides delivering news in Hindi and English, Naghma has also been the host for many programs. Soon after joining NDTV, she also started hosting the programs Salaam Zindagi and Ran Neeti. Apart from everything else, Naghma is also known for hosting International Agenda. However, when the journalist began working with Aaj Tak, she worked as a researcher for a month. She later went back to pursue her education and joined Aaj Tak in 1999.
This journalist also holds a different experience in addition to journalism. Naghma is serving the position of a Sr. Fellow with the Observe Research Foundation (ORF). As she works closely with the association, she has always kept track of the geopolitical developments in Pakistan and China. Moreover, Naghma was also responsible for hosting the video series ‘India’s World’ through the ORF. She has also received a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award with rural development as one of the major subjects.
Some Articles by Naghma Sahar
If you go through the website muckrack, you will come across a few past articles that Naghma wrote. Besides writing articles in English, journalist likes to write in Hindi.
- Recently, Naghma posted a collection of podcasts while hosting ‘Idea Factory. This exclusive series by the ORF features geopolitical events that affect India and many world regions. Once you go through the web page, you can check out the latest podcasts. These include podcasts on Jaishankar’s interventions at the UN General Assembly, Mr. Narendra Modi’s message to Vladimir Putin, and more.
- On 4th June 2022, Naghma wrote an article regarding a discussion with a Fellow of the ORF, Manoj Joshi. As she interacted with Manoj Joshi, she understood how Indian should assess the change that has occurred in Pakistan’s politics. People observed a change in politics soon after the arrival of Shahbaz Sharif. Eventually, the article presents the message to India when people observe instability in nearby countries. Towards the end of the article, Naghma also became aware of the situation and its impact on the India Ocean.
- A year ago, Naghma also wrote an article about the country being affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While the Muslims were fasting during Ramzan, they thought the people would hesitate to take the vaccine. However, this fact called for instant action from the clergy so that the ongoing vaccination doesn’t slow down. Maulana Naeem ur Rahman Siddiqui later said that they were seeking a possibility to extend the vaccination timing and hold camps even when the Muslims were busy with nightly prayers.
Naghma Sahar Net Worth
As far as Naghma’s net worth is concerned, it’s estimated to be around 160 million US dollars. Even though she has been working with NDTV India for a long time, she also earns well annually.
|Net Worth in USD
|160 million USD (estimated)
|Net Worth in INR
|Rs. 1316 crore (estimated)
Hobbies and Interests
In her free time, Naghma always likes to travel and keep herself busy with photography. This journalist also likes to watch movies and read books. When she started watching movies, she always appreciated the style in which Shatrughan Sinha acted in many films. Beyond this, Naghma also likes to eat fruits like Watermelon and Kiwi. Black and Red are also some of her favorite colors. As she likes reading books, ‘Jude the Obscure’ by Thomas Hardy is the best book she has ever read.
Social Media Profiles
As you will observe with many news anchors, Naghma likes to update her profiles on social media. So, let’s take a quick look at what the journalist posts.
On Facebook, you will come across many posts about her while she exudes style. Furthermore, you will also observe many posts of her adorable daughter. She has also tried promoting a book written by an IIT student.
When you observe Naghma’s Instagram account, you will immediately understand that she loves photography and traveling. The journalist also spreads messages about how a person should perceive life.
Once you start going through Naghma’s Twitter profile, you will notice posts regarding changes in climate and the environment. The journalist has also posted about the latest show, ‘Paanch Ki Baat,’ shown on NDTV India.
Naghma is not active on LinkedIn for a long time compared to Facebook and Instagram. However, you will observe ‘The Wall Street Journal under the ‘Interests’ section when you go through her profile.
Facts Regarding Naghma Sahar
- According to a post on Facebook, Naghma was involved with TEDx at Shivaji College. While this event was organized to bring together ideas from different communities, Naghma shared her journey and the importance of integrity in everybody’s life.
- Apart from working with NDTV India, Naghma has also worked with the Centre for Social Research (CSR). This association is an NGO that primarily focuses on issues women face in the modern era.
- Besides being a journalist, Naghma is also the Senior Fellow of the Observer Research Foundation (ORF). Additionally, the journalist has also presented herself in the show, ‘The Ideas Factory. When you go through YouTube, you will see a video in which Naghma is discussing the distinguished fellow of ORF, Mr. Kanchan Gupta.
- In addition to being proficient in English, Naghma is also fluent in a few languages like Hindi and Urdu. Moreover, when you observe this journalist presenting news through NDTV India, she has always delivered the news in Hindi.
- While Naghma was hosting the show, ‘Salaam Zindagi,’ she reported sensitive issues pretty well. Currently, she also plays the role of a host for the International Agenda. Such a program always presents news across the globe and more about Indian Defense policies.
- Naghma had never been in the limelight as soon as she started her career. But, this journalist became popular only when she continued to host the program, ‘Salaam Zindagi.’ As she played a prominent role in the show, she presented many social issues in a non-controversial and different manner.
- As Naghma was pursuing her higher studies in Delhi, she was in a relationship with Jiten Sarah. As they moved ahead together, both of them thought about getting married. But, due to some barriers, they could not move on with the marriage. On the other hand, she married a 30-year-old well-educated man in 2003.
- When Naghma was delivering a speech at TEDx Shivaji College, she firmly believed that her life was entwined with all that was happening around her. She also thinks that credibility is one of the things that individuals must maintain even when they are a part of a newsroom.
- If you come across the website dailyo, you will observe an article under the ‘Politics’ section. This article by Naghma speaks about the misuse of the chant, ‘Jai Shri Ram.
- When you go through an article published in ‘The Hans India, Naghma Sahar has stated why people will observe a difference in the news quality. As she moved ahead with the opening session on Media functioning, she stated that TV newsrooms are now trying to capture viewers’ attention. But, in those instances, the TV anchors are still on the verge of using gimmicks.
- As you navigate the website of First Post Hindi, you will also observe an article by Naghma. This article is quite different from the usual articles Naghma often writes. In the article, Naghma focuses on why people recite Namaz till the end of their life. She also states that it’s important for the administration team to probe into this observation and try to understand everything.
- Despite marrying a man from a Hindu family, Naghma didn’t think about following Hinduism. Her husband didn’t force her later to become a Hindu. Instead, she always preferred to be a Muslim when she embarked on a new phase in life.
Yes, Naghma is married to a well-educated man, Rajeev Srivastava. As the couple resides in Noida, both are nurturing a child named Ira Tazeen.
As Naghma was born on 18th August 1973, her current age is 50 years.
Naghma Sahar has been working in journalism for more than 20 years. She joined NDTV India as a journalist in Jan 2002.
Naghma has always been drawing a decent salary while working with NDTV India. But, Naghma’s net worth is estimated to be 160 million US dollars.
In addition to being a journalist, Naghma is a TEDx speaker and a Sr. Fellow with the ORF.