Today India has achieved the feat of vaccinating the most number of people in the country, with more than 80% of the population being fully vaccinated. Getting vaccinated is one of the most fundamental tasks for all of us when the covid-19 virus and its variants are affecting our health and livelihood.
It is pertinent to vaccinate yourself as soon as possible to protect your health and your loved ones. There are many vaccines today, and you can go to your nearest primary healthcare centre or private hospital to get yourself vaccinated. After getting vaccinated, the next step is to download the coronavirus vaccine certificate so that you can freely work for your livelihood with no hindrances from the authorities.
In this piece, we will, in detail, look into why you need a vaccine certificate and how you can access your certificate in the simplest way. Although there are several ways by which you can download the vaccine certificate, in this article, we will learn how you can download your vaccine certificate by using your Aadhar card as a medium.
As you get vaccinated, the Government of India issues a vaccination certificate to you after every single dose. You can download the certificate online from the Cowin app/website. The covid certificate helps the government in keeping a record of vaccinated citizens.
The vaccination certificate is proof that the person holding the document is fully vaccinated and fit to travel. The Covid-19 vaccination certificate is issued by the Government of India online through the Cowin website, Digilocker and Umang application, and via WhatsApp application.
There are two types of certificates-
- The first one is issued after the first dose of vaccine;
- Another one is issued after receiving both doses of the vaccine
All the details pertaining to the vaccination are mentioned in the certificate with your full details such as your full name, father’s name, mother’s name, age, date of birth, address and photo on Aadhar certificate, date of getting the first dose, date of getting the final dose, vaccinated by, vaccinated at, etc.
Benefits Of The Certificate
- The Government of India provides the Covid-19 vaccination certificate, which helps you travel anywhere in India or outside India. Legally, no one can refuse to acknowledge your certificate.
- Almost all the Countries have now accepted the vaccine certificate issued by the central government. It will allow you to freely move out of the country without the obligation to stay in quarantine for a certain period.
- As the certificate is available online, you can easily download it from the Cowin platform, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app or Digilocker. Citizens are not required to go anywhere to get the certificate, and it will eventually save your money and time.
- As the certificate contains all the details about the vaccine and the person, you will not face any difficulty at any level.
- Moreover, a Covid vaccine certificate helps the government maintain the inoculated people’s record. It also helps to maintain congruity in the vaccine dosages, which significantly reduces the margin of error.
- It brings efficiency and transparency to the system, which further helps in targeted vaccination campaigns by the government all around the country.
Why Do I Need A Vaccination Certificate?
The Covid Vaccine Certificate assures you of the vaccine type used and mentions the next vaccination date. You may consider it as evidence for you to prove to any entities which may require proof of vaccination, especially in case of travel.
Further, vaccination protects individuals from disease and reduces their risk of spreading the virus. Therefore, there could be a requirement in future to produce certificates for certain kinds of social interactions and international travel.
Moreover, the certificate issued by Co-WIN has built-in security features to guarantee the genuineness of the certificate, and you can easily digitally verify using approved utilities provided in the Co-WIN portal. You can verify the certificate by visiting verify.cowin.gov.in and scanning the QR code.
Importance Of Vaccine Certificate
The first and foremost importance attached to the Covid vaccine certificate is while travelling, both domestically or internationally, or enlisting various services. The Covid-19 vaccination certificate is pertinent for interstate travel, train and transport bookings, job interviews, travelling around the world, entering educational institutions, etc.
The Covid certificate can be printed out or saved in PDF format to make it portable. We can also save the vaccination certificate in government-supported mobile applications such as Digilocker and the Umang.
Vaccine Certificate Download By Aadhar Number
You can download the certificate via an Aadher card using the following websites/applications:
- Aarogya Setu-App
But before looking into that, let’s find out how you can vaccinate yourself, and it will help you understand the procedure more easily.
To receive the covid-19 vaccine, you have to register yourself on one out of the following platforms.
- Aarogya Setu App
- Umang App
- Cowin portal
Open the preferred app and select the date, time and the nearest Covid-19 vaccination centre. Then you have to go there to take the 1st dose. And for the second dose, you will have to repeat the process on the same platform.
As highlighted above, there will be two types of vaccination certificates- one for the partially vaccinated person and the other for the fully vaccinated person. Those who have received only the first Covid vaccination dose will receive the partially vaccinated certificate. And those who have received both doses will be given a fully vaccinated certificate.
In India, you will come across two vaccines in most places, Covishield and Covaxin. However, there are eight vaccines available that you can get.
Here is the list of different COVID-19 vaccines available in India:
- Covishield Vaccine
- Covaxin vaccine
- Johnson and Johnson Vaccine
- Corbevax Vaccine
- Sputnik V Vaccine
- Zydus Cadila Vaccine
- Novawax vaccine
- Moderna Vaccine
Steps For Vaccination Certificate Download By Aadhar Number
Those who have received the first or second dose of covid vaccine must be wondering how to download your vaccination certificates. Now let’s directly jump into how you can easily download your vaccination certificate using your Aadhar card. There are many ways and methods to download your vaccination certificates. For instance, you can use your beneficiary id, central government-issued documents, mobile number etc., to download your Covid vaccination certificates from Arogya Setu App, Cowin Portal, Umang app and Digi locker app. To download COVID-19 vaccination certificates from all portals via your Aadhar card, check out the steps given below:
Steps to download the COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate from Cowin:
Go to the CoWIN platform by clicking on this link cowin.gov.in.
- On the top-right corner, click on the Sign In/Register icon.
- Now Sign In by using your registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP on the same mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- After that, click on the “Certificate for Covid-19 Vaccination”.
- You will see your Coronavirus Vaccination Certificate on the screen.
- Below that, click on Download to get the soft copy of your Covid vaccination certificate.
Steps to download Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate from Aarogya Setu App:
- Firstly, you will have to download the Aarogya Setu App from any App store.
- Now login on the app using your mobile number and Aadhar card.
- You will receive an OTP after entering the mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and complete the login process. Do not forget to open your Bluetooth and GPS, as the app will ask you to do the same.
- After that, click on the “Vaccination Status” icon.
- Now click on the “Get Vaccination Certificate.”
- You can download your vaccination certificate and access it through your files.
Steps to download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate from Umang App:
- Download the Umang app on your smartphones from any app store.
- Open the app and click on the search icon to search for the Cowin link.
- Now click on the link and log In using your Aadhar card or mobile number.
- After that, you will find the link “ Get Certificate.”
- Enter your 13 digit beneficiary reference ID after clicking the Vaccination certificate option.
- Click on the link.
- The certificate is successfully downloaded.
How to Download Cowin Vaccination Certificate From Digilocker App?
The Digilocker application is the official app made by the Government of India. It allows you to store all your documents such as the Aadhar card, Driving licence, Mark sheets, etc. Umang app also stores the data of various Indian and state government ministries and departments. You can easily download the vaccination certificate from the DigiLocker app from the following steps:
- Visit any App Store for downloading and installing the DigiLocker app.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to complete the registration process. You will have to enter the details such as name, date of birth, gender, security PIN, cell phone number, Aadhar number, and phone number. Keep your Aadhar card with you.
- After completing the registration process, go to the Central Government tab and click on the Ministry of Family Health and Welfare (MoHFW) icon.
- You will find an option labelled as “Vaccine Certified.”
- Click on that link and enter your 13-digit Beneficiary/Reference ID to download the Covid Vaccine Certificate.
After downloading your Covid Vaccine Certificate, confirm your details such as your name, Aadhar number, date of birth, name of the vaccine, dose, etc., carefully. If you find any mistake in the certificate, you must inform the authorities as soon as possible using Cowin Portal. You can also correct the details on your own. Following are steps you can do correction in your covid certificate:
- Go to the official website of cowin by clicking this link-https://www.cowin.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you find the icon of Support. Click on it.
- Now complete your sign-in process by entering your Mobile Number.
- After that, you will find the “certificate correction” under the support section. Click on it.
- Now a new page will open before you. You will have to select your issue for correction on the certificate on this page. It can be regarding name, age, gender, photo ID, etc.
- After that, you have to select a number.
- Now, click on the view certificate.
- Your certificate details will appear before you.
- Now You can change the information by clicking on change.
- After that, click on continue.
- The changes in the vaccination certificate might take up to 24 hours to update.
Similarly, if you won’t raise an issue different from changing your information on the vaccination certificate, you can do it by following the below process:
- Go to the official website of cowin by clicking this link- https://www.cowin.gov.in/.
- The home page will open before you. On the same page, you have to click on register/sign in. (at the top right corner)
- After that, enter your login credentials and click on login after entering the OTP, which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Now you have to click on raise an issue.
- A new page will open before you, where you have to select your issue.
- Now, enter all the mandatory details carefully.
- After that, you have to click on submit.
- By following this procedure, you can raise an issue.
The Coronavirus vaccination certificate has become very important when the economy is again opening up. And to freely travel and conduct your business, it has become necessary to have the certificate so that you can enjoy barrier-free entry and travel, both domestically and internationally. So, download your covid-19 certificate as soon as possible by following the above steps.
The Vaccination Centre is responsible for generating the certificate and giving the person a printed copy. It is handed over to the individual in digital or physical mode on the same day. In private hospitals, the fee for obtaining a printed certificate is included in the service fee (up to Rs. 250 per dose) for vaccination.
Vaccination certificates are verifiable proof of vaccination. They help prove that you have been vaccinated when such a requirement is specified. It is essential when you travel across cities regularly so that you can save time when you are requested to show it.
Health workers and doctors in public health facilities and private hospitals report minor adverse events and any death or hospitalization after vaccination. The surveillance system of AEFI under UIP has been set up for COVID AEFI management and reporting and it includes various experts like cardiologists and neurologists in AEFI Committees for proper management.
AEFI looks after the revision in contents of AEFI and Anaphylaxis kits, frequent committee meetings, training of alternate vaccinators on Anaphylaxis kits, and much more. All sorts of AEFIs that occur after COVID vaccinations are reported directly by vaccinators and district immunization officers using the Cowin app.